SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
durhamastra
durhamastra is on a distinguished road

Default '08 High-Pressure Power Steering Line

My Astra has the electronic assist power steering, and the high-pressure line is no longer manufactured by GM or anyone else as far as I can tell. This one part is going to force me to buy a new car if I can't replace it.

I have found a high-pressure line for the right-hand drive Astra sold in England, but I need to know if it will fit the left-hand drive car sold in the U.S. Does anyone know?

Thanks so much.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to durhamastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help durhamastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
durhamastra is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
JFS
JFS is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: '08 High-Pressure Power Steering Line

Have a look at car-part.com.

I have a bunch of posts where I suggest to Astra neophytes looking here for parts in North America. I wish I could remember who it was on here that turned me on to them, or I would give them some serious credit. Our Canadian cousins are pretty active here and you will also find parts from car-part.com up in The Great White North, but the duty and wait time might drive you bonkers.

So look for a US car, shopping regionally first with the settings on the website, and have a go at it. Most times, these depots will take extra photos of the parts in question and text them to you. If not already posted with the vehicle info, be sure to ask for the mileage so you can chose a lesser used component.

PS: Your first question should be to ask if they ship. It seems to me that about 15-20% do not.

PPS: When looking in Europe, try the German Ebay.de and look for the common GM part number. Opel is right hand drive. If you are using Chrome, chose the "Translate This Page" tab, it does a respectable job.

Best luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JFS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JFS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
maschinenbauer
maschinenbauer is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: '08 High-Pressure Power Steering Line

Where is it leaking from? Try taking the line to a hydraulic hose shop for them to repair it.

'08 Astra XE 5-speed
'72 Chevrolet El Camino
'31 Ford Model A pickup

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to maschinenbauer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help maschinenbauer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
maschinenbauer is offline   Reply With Quote