SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #1
alexwilson
New Member
alexwilson is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2

2008 VUE 2.4L
2005 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Finding an Antara Grille?

I have an 08 VUE and absolutely love it. However, for a while now I have been trying to find the grille and badges for an Opel Antara to put on it and have had absolutely no luck.

I realize this forum may not be the right place for this query and perhaps I should look in an Opel forum instead. I was just wondering if anyone on here has done this same modification and, if so, where I would have the best luck finding the parts I need.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alexwilson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alexwilson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alexwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
What a VUE
Member
What a VUE is on a distinguished road
 
What a VUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 217
 

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Finding an Antara Grille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwilson View Post
I have an 08 VUE and absolutely love it. However, for a while now I have been trying to find the grille and badges for an Opel Antara to put on it and have had absolutely no luck.

I realize this forum may not be the right place for this query and perhaps I should look in an Opel forum instead. I was just wondering if anyone on here has done this same modification and, if so, where I would have the best luck finding the parts I need.
According to this, it'd probably work. As the Antara wasn't sold in the US, you'll need to look in Europe/UK.

****

The Opel Antara is a compact crossover SUV which was designed and produced by Opel from 2006 to 2015. The Antara, based on the Theta platform, shared its underpinnings and powertrains with the Chevrolet Captiva. However, it only offered five seats instead of seven, and had a different exterior and interior design.

Opel Antara
Opel Antara 2.0 CDTI front 20100516.jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Opel (General Motors)
Also called Chevrolet Captiva Sport
Daewoo Winstorm MaXX
GMC Terrain (Middle East)
Holden Captiva 5
Saturn Vue
Vauxhall Antara

...
Dave
07 VUE 3.5 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to What a VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help What a VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
What a VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #3
alexwilson
New Member
alexwilson is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2

2008 VUE 2.4L
2005 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Finding an Antara Grille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by What a VUE View Post
According to this, it'd probably work. As the Antara wasn't sold in the US, you'll need to look in Europe/UK.

****

The Opel Antara is a compact crossover SUV which was designed and produced by Opel from 2006 to 2015. The Antara, based on the Theta platform, shared its underpinnings and powertrains with the Chevrolet Captiva. However, it only offered five seats instead of seven, and had a different exterior and interior design.

Opel Antara
Opel Antara 2.0 CDTI front 20100516.jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Opel (General Motors)
Also called Chevrolet Captiva Sport
Daewoo Winstorm MaXX
GMC Terrain (Middle East)
Holden Captiva 5
Saturn Vue
Vauxhall Antara

Thank you, but I already know it will work; my problem is that I have scoured the internet but I am not able to find a grille and badge for sale.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alexwilson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alexwilson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alexwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #4
burlyvue2
Member
burlyvue2 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 484
 

2004 VUE 3.5L
2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: Finding an Antara Grille?

You need a contact across the pond as your first attempt. Nobody in North America can access your specific part needs.

Buy American!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burlyvue2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burlyvue2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burlyvue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
anthonySW
New Member
anthonySW is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Default Re: Finding an Antara Grille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwilson View Post
Thank you, but I already know it will work; my problem is that I have scoured the internet but I am not able to find a grille and badge for sale.
Why would you want an Opel badge on your Saturn?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anthonySW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anthonySW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anthonySW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Antara Hybrid s3nfo General Saturn Discussion 0 01-25-2008 01:54 PM
Antara Headlights B|o|B|o 2008 Vue 0 11-20-2007 11:19 AM
Antara review s3nfo 2008 Vue 0 09-27-2007 12:22 PM
Opel Antara homerec130 2008 Vue 3 04-23-2007 12:43 PM
Pics of Mr. Grille billet grille!! BlueDevil Vue General 8 03-13-2004 10:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.