SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 02:40 PM   #1
XP8TRIOT
XP8TRIOT is on a distinguished road

Default Kill the Seat Belt Chime

I saw the following question on the message board from Chris97sc2's (http://www.chris97sc2.com/) website and would like to know if there's a solution? Chris97sc2 or anyone else, your input is much appreciated.

"I have a '93 SC2 and the seat belt alarm always bugs me. I know I
can disconnect the chime itself, but then I won't be reminded
when my headlights are on, keys are in the ignition, et cetera,
which I find useful safeguards. Taking out the fuse does the same
thing: disables other useful systems along with the alarm. Is
there any way to disable only the alarm for the unbuckled seat
belts? Can I remove the relay and splice two others together,
like for turning off the daytime running lights? Any ideas??"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XP8TRIOT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XP8TRIOT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2001, 12:12 PM   #2
MuDoggy 2K_SW2
MuDoggy 2K_SW2 is on a distinguished road

**"Is
there any way to disable only the alarm for the unbuckled seat
belts? "***

Yes, buckle up. That is the smartest thing to do, and should take care of the alarm.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question the way it's phrased. Is the alarm going off too long after you get in the car AND buckle up? Or is it annoying because you start to drive, have not buckled up, and it keeps going off?

Having worked in a physical rehabilitation hospital for a while, I certainly hope the original poster on the other board is not driving around unbelted. The end results are not good. He'll (I'm assuming it's a he, since it's usually guys that do dumb stuff like that) be REAL annoyed when he has to be belted into his wheelchair every morning... if he's still alive. I've seen too many, especially young people... very depressing when it's because of poor decisions (including those of parents, as well).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MuDoggy 2K_SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MuDoggy 2K_SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2001, 12:40 PM   #3
XP8TRIOT

I hear you MuDog,

In my case it's just a small annoyance. I buckle up out of habit but maybe not as quick as the car would like. Some days it's the little things that get to me; like the seatbelt chime or the windows fogging up constantly while the de-fogger takes it's sweat time. I could do without the shifting light too, it makes me feel guilty when I don't shift when it wants me to (like I'm mistreating it or something. I guess the lack of technical responces to this post indicate that I just need to buckle up a little earlier.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help XP8TRIOT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2001, 03:44 PM   #4
sattech
sattech is on a distinguished road

There is a 2 wire connector under the driver's seat. If that connector is disconnected the seat belt module will see a signal that the lap belt is connected.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sattech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sattech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2001, 04:49 PM   #5
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

El Nino;
Slightly off topic,but your comment on the gear shift light reminded me that I have never been able to find out what the logic was to include it on the instrument panel.If it served some useful purpose,then why was it not included on cars coming into Canada?
I've heard a number of humorous,wild-a-double scribble explanations on both sides of the border,but it would be interesting if anybody knows what the real story is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2001, 06:30 PM   #6
XP8TRIOT

(formerly posted as El Nino) My untechincal opinion is that it tells you when you should shift for better gas economy. I notice that when I shift before or about the same time the light comes on, I get better gas mileage. When, I'm haven fun and driving up to 3 and 4k RPM's before I shift it get a little less mileage from my tank of gas. The light usually comes on around 2500 RPM, but I can't always upshift when I'm going up a hill and stuff.

That's probably wrong though. I think I've also noticed that the light will go away when it realizes I'm gunning the engine and there's no way I'm upshifting at 2500. (I guess I just don't like to be told how to drive; especially by my car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-15-2001, 07:41 PM   #7
Yobos4vr
Yobos4vr is on a distinguished road

in my owners manual it says it comes on telling you when to shift for optimal gaas mileage. but it does get annoying when it tells you to shift and your about to go up a big hill.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yobos4vr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yobos4vr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-16-2001, 12:03 AM   #8
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Upshift light is for fuel economy. Didn't make it to Canada because we don't have the same fine goverment regs that there are down in the US. Give it time though we'll get them sooner or later.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #9
pamart100
pamart100 is on a distinguished road

Happy Use tape on the speaker

Hi, I had the same problem and i finally used scotch tape on the red buzzer box now you only here the buzzer not even half as bad try that, I hope you like it, it works for me . I really needed it on those cold mornings.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pamart100's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pamart100 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:18 AM   #10
eljefino
Master Member
eljefino will become famous soon enough

1995 SW1
2000 SL1

US EPA gives a teeny (0.1MPG?) "bonus" to the fuel economy printed on the Monroney label and/or CAFE average if there's an upshift light.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eljefino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eljefino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread