SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 06:59 PM   #1
SoUp
SoUp is on a distinguished road

Default Door handle

How do I remove the outer door handle of my '97 SC1? I don't see anything to push when I lift the handle up. I'm trying to remove the outer skin of the door.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoUp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoUp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2002, 08:26 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Lift the handle up and look to the rear of the under side. You will see a push pin hold on clip. What this is is a pin with an expanding outer sheath and a centre push in pin. The centre pin when pushed in expands the outer sheath. What you have to do is pull out the centre pin (should have a cap on it so it will likey look like just one piece but look at the edges and you should see the cap edge) and the the outer sheath. When the entire pin is out then you should be able to tap the door handle forward and it will come off of the mechanism on the inside of the door.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
SoUp

The pins just don't seem to want to come out. I'm afraid I'm going to break them. They don't budge at all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoUp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoUp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
SoUp

The cap around the pin bends so easily. That's the part I'm afraid will break.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoUp's Reputation
Old 09-07-2002, 02:55 PM   #5
SoUp

Well the cap did indeed tear off from the pin. I don't know how to get it out now. I'm open to suggestions unless I'm just doing something wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoUp's Reputation
Old 09-08-2002, 01:24 AM   #6
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Two ways to go now. Use a very sharp (and strong) pick and push the point of the pick into the end of the pin and pry it out. Other way, just push the pin in and out of the outer part.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-08-2002, 02:17 AM   #7
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Idea

SoUp: Don't worry if you broke that Cap-rivet under the door handle, just try your best to get it out (with ssicarman description). Then go to Parts department to pick up couple of this cap NEW.....they're so cheap to replace.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-24-2002, 02:25 PM   #8
SoUp

Well they are being a real pain in the butt to get out. I want to take the outer door panels off so I can install an Autoloc door powerlock/keyless entry kit. Anyone know what kind of places would install the autoloc for me? Would the dealer? Unless someone lives near Huntsville, AL.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoUp's Reputation
Old 09-24-2002, 03:40 PM   #9
2000 SL 1.9
2000 SL 1.9 is on a distinguished road

did you check on autoloc's website for authorized dealers in your area?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2000 SL 1.9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2000 SL 1.9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-01-2002, 06:06 PM   #10
SoUp

Yep but they don't have any dealers close to me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoUp's Reputation
Closed Thread