SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2006, 02:31 AM   #1
Diggs
Diggs is on a distinguished road

Question Howdy...

I just realized it has been over 6 years since I joined this forum. After we sold our 93 SW2 I had become a lurker, and an infrequent one at that. I guess it's time to rejoin the Saturnfan community, if only for a question or two.

My wife and I really like the Sky (better looks than the Solstice, you know). Now, with the eminent arrival of the Sky Red Lines, maybe I can convince the wife to trade her SSR for a smaller, lighter 2 seater. If, and this is a big if (no pun intended), I can fit in one.

I'm a 6'5" guy, too heavy for my own good and rather cozy in a 6 speed SSR. How is it for other Sky owners out there? If a Sky found it's way to our garage, would it be just for the wife and daughter?

TIA,

Diggs

'Tis always easier to request forgiveness than it is permission

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Diggs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Diggs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Diggs is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
PlutoZePlin
PlutoZePlin is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Howdy...

Welcome back. The Sky might be a bit of a squeeze for gentleman of your stature. Your best bet would be to call different dealerships in your area to see if any have a demo so you can see how it fits. I'm only 5'4 and since it sits so low I feel like I'm in my own little racecar. I have read stories on the forums where some people being roughly your height fit just fine and others say that they don't fit all all. If you want a redline order one soon and it will be a good wait before it would be delivered, but if you are willing to wait and can fit in the Sky by all means get the redline. I love my Sky, but I wouldn't mind seeing what the redline can do

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PlutoZePlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PlutoZePlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PlutoZePlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
Cornholio123
Cornholio123 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
Checkered Flag Re: Howdy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
My wife and I really like the Sky (better looks than the Solstice, you know). Now, with the eminent arrival of the Sky Red Lines, maybe I can convince the wife to trade her SSR for a smaller, lighter 2 seater. If, and this is a big if (no pun intended), I can fit in one.

I'm a 6'5" guy, too heavy for my own good and rather cozy in a 6 speed SSR. How is it for other Sky owners out there? If a Sky found it's way to our garage, would it be just for the wife and daughter?

TIA,

Diggs
Diggs,

Sorry to be the one to do this, but I don't think you'll fit. I am 6'1" and weigh about 190. When I have the top up, I am brushing it with my hair if I haven't had it cut within the week (and no, I don't wear a flat-top). I also drive with the seat all the way back and completely verticle. You could possibly move the seat forward and recline the back, but since you are 4" taller than me, I don't think you could comfortably work the clutch.

Do not base your decision on some dumb blogger like me - go to a dealer and sit in one yourself. I hope that you can find a comfortable seating position and you can then join our Sky family. This is the most fun car I have owned (and I used to drive a Mitsubishi 3000 and a '99 Camaro Z28).

Good luck, and let us know after you "try one on for size."

2004 ION Redline - Just traded in this for my new Sky.
2005 Relay 3 - My wife loves it!
2007 Sky (Midnight Blue, LSD, Upgraded Stereo, XM, Spoiler, Polished wheels) - This car is GREAT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cornholio123's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cornholio123 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cornholio123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
Kustomkaps
Kustomkaps is on a distinguished road

1991 SL
Default Re: Howdy...

It all depends on how your buildt. There is about 42 inchs of leg room, and the roof sits higher than most so you will just have to try one on for size to make sure. I have read several posts about people that are in the 6'2" tp 6'4" that fit fine, but you don't want the "simpson" glove fit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kustomkaps's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kustomkaps reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kustomkaps is offline   Reply With Quote