SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #21
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Saturn Wagon CraigsList Ad's Thread

1999 SW2 Right-Hand Drive 140,xxx miles, $3000. Craigslist in Winston-Salem, NC
snsj5-3380261004@sale.craigslist.org

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #22
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

5-speed SW2 cheap-ish: http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/3408967087.html . Listing is right between deal and bonehead. Good price, clean car, but sparse info, only one pic, and the dude's long shadow right up the middle of the frame.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #23
trottida
Master Member
trottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to behold

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Ok, this has to be a pretty rare find: 1998 SW2 MT, very low mileage (27K), white with grey leather interior, every option except a center console armrest (weird!). It's listed on eBay but on the lot he wants $5000. Nice clean car!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...ht_4430wt_1165

2001 SL1 MT (423,500 km @ 10/2018)
1999 SL2 MT (267,940 km @ 10/2018)
2011 Suburban LT (116,506 km @ 10/2018)

Past Saturns
1993 SW2 AT
2001 LW200 MT
1992 SL2 MT

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #24
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottida View Post
every option except a center console armrest (weird!).
Not quite. No roof rack, no alloys, AM/FM only radio.

It's in San Jose. Low Saturn has already stopped by the lot to tell the dude that he has one too many zeros in the asking price....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #25
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottida View Post
Ok, this has to be a pretty rare find: 1998 SW2 MT, very low mileage (27K), white with grey leather interior, every option except a center console armrest (weird!). It's listed on eBay but on the lot he wants $5000. Nice clean car!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...ht_4430wt_1165
I would rock that car in a heartbeat.
It's pretty much everything I'd want minus a black interior, which I know they never came with.
2nd gen + 5 speed + white + wagon = <3

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #26
kalrith1
kalrith1 is on a distinguished road

1998 SW2

This one seems to be a fair price, but it's 3 1/2 hours from me (it also appears to be missing one of its mirrors): jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/3413675901.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kalrith1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kalrith1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kalrith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
madpogue

1996 SW2

^^^^^^ Not to mention the model year is off by TWO years, and a generation. And it has the world's second ugliest cheapbay wheel covers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #28
cola
Advanced Member
cola is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE
1996 SL

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/3424039881.html

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/3423768003.html

2009 Aura XE 2.4-----SOLD
2004 Vue 3.5 AWD
1999 SL2 Auto
1998 SL2 5-Speed------SOLD
1996 SL1 5-Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cola's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cola reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #29
kalrith1

1998 SW2

stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/3365473328.html

Looks clean, but might be overpriced. I'm specifically looking for a 1996+ SW1/SW2 with manual transmission, and those are hard to come by.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kalrith1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
madpogue

1996 SW2

^^^^ Actually that's not out-of-this-world for a gen-3, provided not too many miles on it. It'd be more reasonable if the car were optioned up more. Radio install is a bit ham-handed; screens in the headrests are interesting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #31
kalrith1

1998 SW2

I called, and he said it has "about 130,000 miles" on it. He said there's nothing wrong with it, but he also sounded like he didn't know too much about that specific vehicle. It 2 1/2 hours from me, so it might be worth the trip if he's willing to budge on price or take my old vehicle as a trade in. I'll definitely call to get more information before making the trip.

I'm driving to Oklahoma tonight, so I'll have to wait and see if it's still there next week and if the wife lets me up my $1500 budget

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
kalrith1

1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalrith1 View Post
This one seems to be a fair price, but it's 3 1/2 hours from me (it also appears to be missing one of its mirrors): jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/3413675901.html
So, this car is a 1995 model, correct? I called to get more info, and he said that everything works mechanically, but it has some blemishes (such as the missing mirror and ugly wheel covers). He'll have to check tonight on the engine, whether it has cruise, and whether there's any rust.

He said he'd come down to $1,000. If there's no rust, is that a good price? Or should I just keep looking? I really need to spend $1,500 or less, and it's hard to find any manual wagons, let alone one in that price range.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #33
madpogue

1996 SW2

Quote:
So, this car is a 1995 model, correct? I called to get more info, and he said that everything works mechanically, but it has some blemishes (such as the missing mirror and ugly wheel covers). He'll have to check tonight on the engine, whether it has cruise, and whether there's any rust.

He said he'd come down to $1,000. If there's no rust, is that a good price? Or should I just keep looking? I really need to spend $1,500 or less, and it's hard to find any manual wagons, let alone one in that price range.
It's a 1995 SW1. Some people seek the 1995s, because they like the gen-1 body, but with the gen-2 dash and steering wheel. The gen-1 body does lend itself better to a wagon visually than gen-2/3. Plus side, it's a manual. Minus side, it's an SOHC. Bottom line, $1000 is at the high end, esp. given the mileage and the mirror, but not walk-away high. Bring eight portraits of Mr. Franklin, and see what happens.

Edit - oh, and he better get rid of whatever that statue is on the dashboard....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #34
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

Why are Saturn hoods always dented? Is it because they are so low that people put their feet up on them like Captain Morgan when they need to tie their shoes?
It is also my wish to get my hands on one of those right hand drive SWs ... I would ride around with my Golden Retriever in the Left front seat just for s**ts and giggles.

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #35
kalrith1

1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
It's a 1995 SW1. Some people seek the 1995s, because they like the gen-1 body, but with the gen-2 dash and steering wheel. The gen-1 body does lend itself better to a wagon visually than gen-2/3. Plus side, it's a manual. Minus side, it's an SOHC. Bottom line, $1000 is at the high end, esp. given the mileage and the mirror, but not walk-away high. Bring eight portraits of Mr. Franklin, and see what happens.

Edit - oh, and he better get rid of whatever that statue is on the dashboard....
Thanks a lot for the input. I'm disappointed it's an SW1 (and curious how you could tell that). The only reason I'd want a 1995 would be to get an SW2, do the 5th gear swap, and still have working cruise. Since I'd have to drive 400 miles round trip and it's not the greatest deal in the world, I think I'll skip it.

I looked at pictures of the $2500 2000 SW2 (stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/3365473328.html), and it doesn't have cruise. I know it's not that expensive to add cruise to these, but that would just be additional cost on top of already bursting my $1500 budget. I guess I'll keep looking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #36
madpogue

1996 SW2

Quote:
I'm disappointed it's an SW1 (and curious how you could tell that).
Unpainted bumpers, wheels appeared to be 14", SOHC cluster.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #37
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Seriously.... that's where the box of Kleenex should go

(No, seriously... a box of Kleenex fits perfectly there. Push the box forwards, towards the windshield, until the rear of the box fits into the divot. the dash slope prevents it from moving too far forward and the box fits in well enough that it will not slide out the side (in most normal driving) or backwards.
Puffs brand boxes are a little too large)

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #38
kalrith1

1998 SW2

'95 SW2 with 99k miles for $1300: kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3479269702.html

It was a crazy weekend, so I didn't notice until this morning. If it's still available, I'm seriously considering buying it. My main problem is the color. I already have 3 white cars; I really don't need 4!!!

Edit: It sold this morning. Too bad all the good deals seem to be 3 hours away from me. It makes it really hard to snag a good deal.

Last edited by kalrith1; 12-17-2012 at 11:18 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #39
kalrith1

1998 SW2

Here's a 1998 SW1 with 104k miles that looks to be in great shape: oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/3517569910.html

It's listed for $3,000. If I try to talk them down, what's a good price for that car?

If it's only worth something like $1,500, then I might have to wait to see if they drop the price. I'm thinking that I could talk them down to maybe the $2,000 to $2,400 range.

I really want a manual 1998-1999 SW1, and this is the first decent one I've seen.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #40
kalrith1

1998 SW2

A bit pricey at $3900, but only 34k miles: kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3534949220.html

Quote:
Saturn SW-2 2000 34K actual miles - $3900 (Overland Park)

Saturn with very low milage. Good body and interior. No damage. Well maintained. Has been a second car. I can send images or come by to see for yourself. Reply to the ad for directions and details. Near Metcalf and 95th street.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!