SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #81
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: just did my timing belt/water pump with PICS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeron View Post
Thanks, must have been a computer cliche. They were not there before. Is the Aisin kit only available for the Red Line model? How many people replaced their seals when doing this job? Thanks
The link I provided above is not redline. I noticed the price has dropped even more. It's really a steal at this point.
Just inspect for oil leaks around the cam. I didn't both replacing them.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is online now   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #82
BlueHeron
BlueHeron is on a distinguished road

Amazon is saying it doesn't fit the 2004 vue 3.5. Rockauto indicates that that exact part number is for the Redline. I'm just crossing by t's and dotting my eyes, but is there no difference? Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueHeron's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueHeron reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BlueHeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #83
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeron View Post
Amazon is saying it doesn't fit the 2004 vue 3.5. Rockauto indicates that that exact part number is for the Redline. I'm just crossing by t's and dotting my eyes, but is there no difference? Thanks
Hmmm. It matches for my 2006 fwd vue. Maybe it's different for the 2004??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #84
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Hmmm, I clicked on the 'See vehicles this fits' and scrolled down to Saturn and got...

Saturn Vue 2004 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine
Saturn Vue 2005 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine
Saturn Vue 2006 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine
Saturn Vue 2007 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/com...arId=003&i=150
(scroll to bottom, it should show Saturn's this fits)

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #85
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGary1 View Post
Hmmm, I clicked on the 'See vehicles this fits' and scrolled down to Saturn and got...

Saturn Vue 2004 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine
Saturn Vue 2005 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine
Saturn Vue 2006 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine
Saturn Vue 2007 3.5L V6 Interference Engine: With
Interference engine

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/com...arId=003&i=150
(scroll to bottom, it should show Saturn's this fits)

-Robert
I happened upon a few differences in 3.5 starting with 2006 model year a few weeks ago - and then promptly forgot about them.

The shape of timing belt drive sprocket teeth were changed for one thing and I'm sort of surprised that vendors are supplying the same belt for both designs.

I hope ssicarman tunes in and offers his expert advice.

I've attached two thumbnails - the first lists significant differences (new head bolts, new timing belt drive sprocket, new PCM and new valve retaining hardware), and the second has illustrations for drive sprockets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_2013-12-23 21.27.05.jpg (155.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg screen_2013-12-23 21.24.56.jpg (89.2 KB, 64 views)

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #86
BlueHeron

I see it listed down below, but above if I switch between 2004 and 2006 it tells you no good for 2004. Thanks for the diagram. I will just go with gates, I have had good luck with all their products and it is slightly cheaper. Anyone have a cheaper lead on the 50mm crankbolt remover tool?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BlueHeron reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #87
skylanedriver21
skylanedriver21 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
2006 VUE 3.5L

I bought my 50mm crankbolt remover tool from an eBay seller. In September of 2013, the going rate for a new tool was $25 US, when you factor in the shipping. I've since loaned it out . When you do this job, start by trying that crankbolt. If you can't break it loose (plenty of suggestions on this site, and other Honda V6 platforms), you aren't going anywhere - you'll just have a lot of parts off and nothing to show for it.

I have pictures of the tool and my setup in my gallery, but I don't have the posting privilege yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skylanedriver21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skylanedriver21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skylanedriver21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #88
BlueHeron

Finally getting around to replacing the timing belt. Wow, the crank bolt was on there tight. I used a 3/4 ratchet with a 3 foot cheater bar. If I didn't have a pit or lift to do this I would have sol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #89
SuperDad
SuperDad is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

is the crank bolt reserve threaded, and regular threaded ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SuperDad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SuperDad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SuperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #90
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Turn right to tighten and left to loosen.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #91
BrianTheK
BrianTheK is on a distinguished road

That was a good suggestion elsewhere to try to loosen the crank bolt first. Here's what I did: I used the tool to hold the crankshaft pulley. I put a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar onto the tool and rested the breaker bar against the front motor mount. I then used a 3/4 inch drive socket on the crank bolt with an extension going outside the car with resting on a jackstand. I then used a cheater bar on the bolt (4 feet long). That broke it loose.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrianTheK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrianTheK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrianTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #92
timp
timp is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I'm preparing to do this job on my 2004 Vue. Unfortunately, I'm unable to see the pictures on the original post of this thread:

I've used a multitude of internet browsers and two PCs to view the post, but none of the combinations I've tried allow me to see the pictures. Is anybody still able to see the pictures? If so, would you be willing to save and email them to me, perhaps?

Thank you for any help you can provide me.

Tim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to timp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help timp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
timp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #93
keller34
keller34 has a spectacular aura aboutkeller34 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by timp View Post
Hey guys,

I'm preparing to do this job on my 2004 Vue. Unfortunately, I'm unable to see the pictures on the original post of this thread:

I've used a multitude of internet browsers and two PCs to view the post, but none of the combinations I've tried allow me to see the pictures. Is anybody still able to see the pictures? If so, would you be willing to save and email them to me, perhaps?

Thank you for any help you can provide me.

Tim
Same here, I can't see the pics. Said something about write access on the server...lol. Looks like I am ready also along with my Compressor...YAY!(sarcasm)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to keller34's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help keller34 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
keller34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #94
BrianTheK
BrianTheK is on a distinguished road

I don't see pics either. Sorry, the original poster would have to send them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrianTheK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrianTheK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrianTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #95
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

I'm uploading links in this and the next 2 posts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07TB1_zpsf6818245.jpg (129.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB2_zpsbcf8874d.jpg (129.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB3_zps93c29141.jpg (133.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB4_zpsf5935ecf.jpg (147.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB5_zpsd780ef63.jpg (174.2 KB, 98 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #96
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Next 5 . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07TB6_zps7d30d294.jpg (199.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB7_zps9a7ea1f9.jpg (173.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB8_zps4cd4235f.jpg (107.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB9_zpsbdd67c66.jpg (136.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB10_zps3b8a6e99.jpg (133.3 KB, 92 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #97
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Last 4 . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07TB11_zps76640432.jpg (180.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB12_zps4d66f448.jpg (185.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB13_zps26799ab6.jpg (198.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 07TB14_zps51b575fe.jpg (111.1 KB, 96 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #98
keller34
keller34 has a spectacular aura aboutkeller34 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Thanks a ton.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to keller34's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help keller34 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
keller34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #99
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by keller34 View Post
Thanks a ton.
You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #100
timp
timp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by keller34 View Post
Thanks a ton.
Ditto! Thanks millions Chazberry!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to timp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help timp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
timp is offline   Reply With Quote