SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
wktomasini
wktomasini is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Cool 2002 L300 Left Instrument Fuse Block Panel

I have a 2002 L300 with automatic climate control and need some help. My car "Chuckie" was bought off the showroom floor and has the DVD player option and 6 disc CD changer (VIN starts with #1G8JW54R). I'm trying to find a schematic for the layout of the left instrument panel fuse block that shows the position and part numbers for all relays. A photograph of a matching L300 left instrument panel fuse block would also be ok, provided the car has the same options as mine. Thank you in advance for your help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wktomasini's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wktomasini reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wktomasini is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
Russet
Russet has a spectacular aura aboutRusset has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2002 L300 Left Instrument Fuse Block Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktomasini View Post
I have a 2002 L300 with automatic climate control and need some help. My car "Chuckie" was bought off the showroom floor and has the DVD player option and 6 disc CD changer (VIN starts with #1G8JW54R). I'm trying to find a schematic for the layout of the left instrument panel fuse block that shows the position and part numbers for all relays. A photograph of a matching L300 left instrument panel fuse block would also be ok, provided the car has the same options as mine. Thank you in advance for your help.
OK I never heard of the DVD option? Maybe if you can post a picture of the Deck we can tell what it says-unless someone can point me the right info. Mine has the full option 2003 L300 fog lights and splash guard and On-star system but I don't recall a DVD option. I'll have to check my Service Manual to see what it says about that DVD option. I think I posted pictues of the IPFB for both the right and left side on another posting but don't recall it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
wktomasini

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2002 L300 Left Instrument Panel Fuse Block

Thank you Russet for the reply - My husband was able to figure out the position and placement of all relays in the left instrument panel fuse block. He has become sort of an expert wit our 2002 L300 "Chuckie" with the help of this forum. I have attached pictures for anyone who may need them. I also included pictures of Chuckie's DVD player and DVD screen as seen from the back seat. There are wireless headphones (not pictured) that allow the passengers in the back seat to watch and listen to a movie while the driver and front seat passenger listen to the radio, cassette or one of the CDs in the 6 disc player. I also put a picture of the console that shows the automatic climate control feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lIP fuse block301.jpg (209.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Chuckie's DVD Screen101.jpg (65.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Chuckies DVD player101.jpg (59.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Chuckie's Console101.jpg (197.7 KB, 12 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help wktomasini reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #4
born again
born again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of light

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Wasn't the DVD only offered on the wagon (LW300)?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to born again's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help born again reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
born again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
wktomasini

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

As I said in my first post I drove Chuckie right off the showroom floor so perhaps the dealer ordered it special but it is a sedan and it does have the DVD player

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-30-2015, 02:13 AM   #6
wktomasini

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Dazed Re: 2002 L300 with DVD and automatic climate control

You have got me wondering, so I thought I would reach out to all the Saturn owners to see if anyone else owns a 2002 L300 sedan like mine. My car "Chuckie" came from the dealer in Sunnyvale CA with all of the following:

V6 automatic
Cruise control
Theft deterrent system
All leather interior with wood trim
DVD system with Sony wireless headphones
6 disc CD player
9 speaker sound system
Dual front heated seats
Automatic climate control (Digital display)
Power controlled driver's seat
Dent resistant door panels
Custom alloy wheels

I apolgiize for the hyperlinks that come up for certain words in my post. I did not create them and have no idea how to remove them. There are random, non topic related advertisements and have nothing to do with my post.

Last edited by wktomasini; 04-30-2015 at 02:22 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!