SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech

Old 12-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
jjones0377
jjones0377 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Dazed Power window switch, wiring

So heres my issue. I bought the car from Ohio (Im in IL), and the power steering didnt work and none of the power windows work. So i got a pretty good deal on the car, i think, with these 2 "major issues". $3600 out the door after all fees. 134k miles on it.

The power steering was a blown fuse in the engine fuse block. Easy $5 fix.

The power windows......i don't know who would ever do this at a dealer, they said everything on the car worked fine when they bought it. So it had to be the dealer. I checked fuses, relays and all. All seem fine. So i figured, the door switch was bad. So i took it out, and low and behold. Its unplugged? Really? Who unplugs a window switch and reassembles the door that way. Dont they test it? I know I do when i unplug things like that.

Anyway, ALL of my windows work fine except the drivers one. It will go down, no problems whatsoever. But when i go to roll it up, i have to play with the wiring and switch itself. And sometimes it takes me 20 or 30 mins to get it up. So now its up and staying up until i can figure out what to do here. It already has a new regulator in it (according to the dealer)

What I'm looking for is a wiring diagram for this car for the switch. Which pin goes to which window basically.....unless someone knows exactly which pin it is...

Oh yea, the car is a 2005 Saturn Ion 2

Thanks for any help!!
jjones0377 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
jjones0377
jjones0377 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Default Fixed(ish)

Possible fix! I took the factory wiring harness apart, and swapped some wires around. I put the wiring for the Drivers Window in the place for the Left Rear Window. The switch operates the drivers window no problem at all. I hooked the Left Read Window wires to the Drivers switch. And it does the same thing the drivers window did.

So for now, im coming to the conclusion the switch is bad for the drivers window. so im going to order a new one soon, then swap the wiring back. but until then, at least i can use the window. just pressing the Left Rear switch instead of Left Front switch.

I finalllly, after about 2 hours of searching, found some diagrams. From

tradebit.com

We bought a manual from this site for our 2007 Nissan Sentra. but i had forgotten about it. Well finally found it on google again, and bought the the repair manual for my new saturn.

If anyone needs one, i would recommend buying it from them. its an electronic version. This one is for 2003-2007 Saturn Ion. Basically tells you everything you would ever need to know, from framework, to trim pieces and everything in between!
jjones0377 is offline   Reply With Quote