SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Engine and Transmission Mounts

My dealer said my all mounts are sagging but not broken. Should I replace them or wait, how long do they last like that?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Engine and Transmission Mounts

How many miles on your car ? Are you getting vibrations while stopped at a light or at any other time ? Any odd noises ?

Where is the sagging ? Any evidence provided ?

Did you have any complaints about your car before the dealer claimed this ?

Is your dealer an SASP [Saturn Authorized Service Provider ...usually a Chevy dealer] ?

Are there flushing services being pushed as well ?

Sorry: skeptic here. I know what bad motor mounts feel like.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2006 VUE 3.5L

Yes they are a Saturn authorized service/Chevy dealer, around 100k miles. Vibrations in Reverse and Drive only while stop with foot on the breaks. (Reverse is worse), Neutral, Park and while Driving any speed smooth no vibrations. No flushing services offered, I did have the fluid and filter changed around 75k. They did not say where they are sagging, but they did say I should replace all four.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2006 VUE 3.5L

I think it is just the upper mount on the engine because the hole in the wheel well for the belt tensioner does not line up. Would that be the case if the upper mount failed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
gibbysIon
gibbysIon is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

Can anyone recommend a brand of mounts? Getting all 4 AC Delco ones is ~$300 on <<reputable online retailer of just auto parts>>. I have a 2007 Saturn Ion Sedan 2.2L/Automatic.

Last edited by gibbysIon; 08-29-2019 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: add information

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gibbysIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gibbysIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gibbysIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
Yes they are a Saturn authorized service/Chevy dealer, around 100k miles. Vibrations in Reverse and Drive only while stop with foot on the breaks. (Reverse is worse), Neutral, Park and while Driving any speed smooth no vibrations. No flushing services offered, I did have the fluid and filter changed around 75k. They did not say where they are sagging, but they did say I should replace all four.
Thanks. It sounds about right. My 86 Olds Calais does exactly the same and has done it before so it's recognizable. Putting it in neutral at a stop light smooths everything out. Getting them done makes a big difference. Car doesn't feel like a junker any more.

Sounds like they're being straight up and not trying to sell you unnecessary crap. Hate to see anyone being used to hit the jack pot for the service center.

I cannot tell you what to do, but for my purposes, replacing those things would be maintenance, as I have zero desire to get rid of the car and buy something newer [mine's an 05, 72,000 miles].

At 10 years old I had plugs, hoses [including in the HVAC system], belts and rubber bits replaced. Will have those inspected in 2020 then replaced again in 2025.

If you're going to keep it long term,or if you find it especially irritating, go with it. If you're planning on trading in a year or two that's another story

Good luck with this.
Here's a pretty good article :

https://www.knowyourparts.com/techni...ission-mounts/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote