SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
jkembry
jkembry is on a distinguished road

Default Radio stopped working, CW plays

Very strange incident here. the radio in my 2004 Vue stopped working, however the CD plays well. Check antenna connection and it it good. Does anyone know if there ar fuses to be checked? Or, should I just replace it?

Thanks,

Jeff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jkembry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jkembry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jkembry is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Radio stopped working, CW plays

There is no fuse that would affect only the tuner section of the radio. There is a wire going to a spade terminal on the back of the factory radio. This is a secondary ground that is intended to reduce interference by grounding the chassis of the radio. If this is disconnected, the tuner should still work ok but more interference may be noticed on all but the strongest stations.

Used replacement factory radios can be bought from eBay or your local junkyard for under $50. Just look for the same radio that you have from a 2004-2005 Vue or Ion. If your radio is the base CD player with the orange backlit display, you should consider upgrading to the MP3-capable radio with the teal display.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 181K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 193K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 36K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
jco35
jco35 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Radio stopped working, CW plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkembry View Post
Very strange incident here. the radio in my 2004 Vue stopped working, however the CD plays well. Check antenna connection and it it good. Does anyone know if there ar fuses to be checked? Or, should I just replace it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

The same exact thing happened to my wifes 2005 Vue. I just pulled the radio fuse out from the passanger side compartment to reset the radio and it worked like a charm. Give it a go and let us know if it works.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jco35's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jco35 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jco35 is offline   Reply With Quote