SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 09:31 PM   #1
cmswq3
cmswq3 is on a distinguished road

Default Dash Lights (Instrument Panel) Not working

OK so I installed the new motor assembly for my car and now I noticed that the left half of the Instrument Panel is not working, at first none of it at all was on, so i hit the dash lightly and the right side lit up. I have been toying around with what I can see without pulling the whole dash apart, I can not see anything disconnected, all bulbs are in fine order. Any ideas> I did drop the wratchet once and I am thinking it might have hit something, unfortunately I do not know anything about the assembly or workings of this part of the car to be able to easily trouble shoot it.

Thanks all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cmswq3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cmswq3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Sounds like they is a short in the system somewhere but I wouldnt even know where to begin my SL2 did this for awhile

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:52 PM   #3
cmswq3

The biggest issue is the fact that in order to see the lights it has to be dark, if it is dark I can not see what I am working on. I could work on it quickly during the day but not be able to see it, I could see it well during the night but not be able to work on it well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cmswq3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:53 PM   #4
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Oh WIPER MOTOR assembly...took me a minute to remember..when you pryed off the dash pad you may have disturbed the single electrical connctor for the dash lights or jarred the plug. Pop the pad back off and reach behind the exposed cluster and make sure all the BIG and LITTLE connectors are still on tight.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:57 PM   #5
cmswq3

so I am guessing that the two wires running from the right side, where the wiring harness starts, to the left may be loose on the back. I hope this isnt going to be difficult, I have large hands so tight spaces are not fun, you should have seen me get my hands in behind the defroster.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-22-2003, 11:21 PM   #6
cmswq3

ok figured it out, I got two lights working and then I pulled the third and moved one of the working bulbs to its place, the bulb was blown, the middle bulbs filament is barely touching, so it is technically blown but tapping it while the bulb is hot causes the filament to catch and light up. So I need 2 new bulbs for the instrument panel.

Where can I get these at? Do I need to go to the dealership, I dont want to go to a junkyard for 2 bulbs, unless they cost 30.00 dollars a piece.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread