SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Information Saturn to reprogram the instrument panel cluster

Just sharing this for those that may not have received the letter yet. I got a letter in the mail today saying that Saturn will be reprograming the instrument panel cluster on 2008 Vues to correct an issue where the "Change Engine Oil" light may not illuminate when the engine oil requires changing. This will be done for no charge until September 30, 2009. I'm not sure if this is for all of the 2008's or just specific ones, but I thought this might interest those that rely on the OLM to make their oil changes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
4littlemonkeys
4littlemonkeys is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: Saturn to reprogram the instrument panel cluster

I just got that one too.

I thought there was something about the pan too. Are they related?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 4littlemonkeys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 4littlemonkeys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

I don't have anything about the pan on my letter so I'm not sure about that one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:40 AM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

on the vue you cant see percentage left and when it gets to 0 percent the change oil light wont light up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
on the vue you cant see percentage left and when it gets to 0 percent the change oil light wont light up.

Are you supposed to see the percentage left? I didn't see this in the owner's manual so I never knew that was something missing...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

on many you can but not on the 08 vue. i think on the 09s you can

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Oh...well I don't think the reprogramming will do that...unless they just failed to mention that in the letter. We'll see when it's actually done. I'm in no hurry to get mine done....it can wait until the next time I have a need to go to the dealer for it to be done. If someone else gets it done soon though it would be great if they let us know what the difference is...if there is any difference.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Old 09-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Can this vehicle have any more TSB's? Make it right the first time GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #9
RL2NV
RL2NV is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

This only applies to the 4cyl models

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RL2NV's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RL2NV reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RL2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
4littlemonkeys
4littlemonkeys is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue View Post
Can this vehicle have any more TSB's? Make it right the first time GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't really seem more then maybe 2...this one and I swear there was something about the oil pan. Are there more?

All I know is I had the Relay before this and so far things are significantly better then they were with the Relay.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 4littlemonkeys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 4littlemonkeys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

I have to agree...there hasn't been a lot of TSB's on the 08 Vue that I know of...I recall I lot more on the Ion I had.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Old 09-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #12
jdm93ej1
jdm93ej1 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2005 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I got mine done and I haven't noticed a difference but I don't run my oil down to 0% anyways lol

2009 Saturn SKY Redline
2008 Saturn VUE XE
2005 Saturn ION
1995 Saturn SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdm93ej1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdm93ej1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdm93ej1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
Ryster
Ryster is on a distinguished road

There is a difference between TSBs, Recalls, and Customer Satisfaction Campaigns.

There are approximately 16 TSB's for the '08 VUE currently. These Technical Service Bulletins are basically supplements to the standard service manual to clarify repair procedures or to specifically address repair procedures not previously provided in the service manual but frequently being seen by dealers and the manufacturer. TSBs will be performed for free while a car is under warranty, but may not be covered under warranty once the warranty expires. This is simply because a TSB is a repair procedure, not a required repair.

Recalls are imperative safety related concerns that require an urgent resolution. There is currently 1 listed recall for VUEs with the 6-speed automatic transmission manufactured in Feb and March '08. Because recalls are safety related, any repairs required as a result of a recall should be free regardless of warranty status and/or mileage.

Customer Satisfaction Campaigns are issued by manufacturers when they identify a potential problem, or have an improvement, that does not require the issuance of a recall. They will send letters to affected owners advising them of the campaign and will usually ask that it be done the next time the vehicle is in for service. The oil pan plug replacement and the oil monitor reprogram are more than likely Customer Satisfaction Campaigns. The letter will usually ask that customers address the campaign within a certain timeframe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ryster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ryster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #14
GMmon
GMmon is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue View Post
And the highly (over) rated Toyota's are having their share of recalls,rattles,& other ''non-Toyota" type issues,especially their new full size truck. They're ALL man made & some issues can be expected on a completely or mostly new vehicle. Does everything come out perfect every time with your job?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GMmon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GMmon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GMmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #15
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
Just sharing this for those that may not have received the letter yet. I got a letter in the mail today saying that Saturn will be reprograming the instrument panel cluster on 2008 Vues to correct an issue where the "Change Engine Oil" light may not illuminate when the engine oil requires changing. This will be done for no charge until September 30, 2009. I'm not sure if this is for all of the 2008's or just specific ones, but I thought this might interest those that rely on the OLM to make their oil changes.
Wouldn't this be repaired anytime from now, until the car is out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty? It seems odd to me that they will only be doing this repair for free until the 9/30/09...

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #16
kae

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraDrvr89 View Post
Wouldn't this be repaired anytime from now, until the car is out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty? It seems odd to me that they will only be doing this repair for free until the 9/30/09...
It's not a safety issue or a recall (from my understanding) so they are not required to fix it as it does not intefere with the functionality of the car. Besides, I think a year is plenty of time to get in and get this update....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #17
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
It's not a safety issue or a recall (from my understanding) so they are not required to fix it as it does not intefere with the functionality of the car. Besides, I think a year is plenty of time to get in and get this update....

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. It should be no problem for everyone to have it fixed by them. I was just thinking it would be a warranty item, being as it doesn't work as designed.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote