SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #1
19boneatock88
19boneatock88 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Greetings from central WV!

Hello guys, my name is Jerama... Iím new here but not new to the brand, having bought an SL1 and L200 for my ex wife and Iím driving my second ION (current is an 04 ION-2 sedan and I had an 04 ION RL prior to that), and my wife drives an 06 ION-2 coupe...

My car is pretty heavily modded, Iíve done the work as time and cash flow has allowed, once Iím able Iíll link to my build on another site(easier than rewriting everything here)... I do believe in function and ROI over form so some mods look a little haggard for sake of cheapness, but the end result isnít what Iím after... after all itís just my 45+mpg commuter car, not made for winning shows

Jerama- WV

2004 Saturn Ion-2 sedan
L61/F23(M86), 139k...
Too many mods to list in sig...

ďStockĒ is nowhere in my vocabulary...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 19boneatock88's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 19boneatock88 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
19boneatock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Greetings from central WV!

Sounds good, Jerama! Welcome to SaturnFans.

294,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
19boneatock88

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Thanks for the warm welcome, and Iím glad to be a part of the Saturn community as much as I can... hopefully my experience with modding my own car can help others with fixing or modding theirs...

Jerama- WV

2004 Saturn Ion-2 sedan
L61/F23(M86), 139k...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 19boneatock88 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19boneatock88 View Post
... after all itís just my 45+mpg commuter car, not made for winning shows
45 mpg out of an ION? Color me impressed. When I was looking, I decide against any IONs because the MPGs were lower than the S series.

Looking forward to your link - you can always post it but replace the dot with words
(e.g., SomePage@domain[dot]com)

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #5
Dsaturn
Dsaturn is a jewel in the roughDsaturn is a jewel in the roughDsaturn is a jewel in the roughDsaturn is a jewel in the rough

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Welcome from another WV guy. I live about an hour south of you near Sutton WV.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #6
crysta
crysta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19boneatock88 View Post
Hello guys, my name is Jerama... Iím new here but not new to the brand, having bought an SL1 and L200 for my ex wife and Iím driving my second ION (current is an 04 ION-2 sedan and I had an 04 ION RL prior to that), and my wife drives an 06 ION-2 coupe...

My car is pretty heavily modded, Iíve done the work as time and cash flow has allowed, once Iím able Iíll link to my build on another site(easier than rewriting everything here)... I do believe in function and ROI over form so some mods look a little haggard for sake of cheapness, but the end result isnít what Iím after... after all itís just my 45+mpg commuter car, not made for winning shows
This is very Good Jerama Welcome to Saturnfans...........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crysta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crysta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:11 PM   #7
19boneatock88

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsaturn View Post
Welcome from another WV guy. I live about an hour south of you near Sutton WV.
Iím very familiar with the Sutton/Gassaway/Flatwoods area, we could totally meet up sometime and talk shop

Jerama- WV

2004 Saturn Ion-2 sedan
L61/F23(M86), 139k...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-24-2018, 10:16 PM   #8
19boneatock88

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
45 mpg out of an ION? Color me impressed. When I was looking, I decide against any IONs because the MPGs were lower than the S series.

Looking forward to your link - you can always post it but replace the dot with words
(e.g., SomePage@domain[dot]com)

Iíve been consistently north of 45mpg all summer, with two tanks *just* above 50... driving style has a large part in that, as I use the ďpulse and glideĒ driving style, meaning that either my engine is off or Iím accelerating, with little in between

Jerama- WV

2004 Saturn Ion-2 sedan
L61/F23(M86), 139k...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!