SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
gveinot
gveinot is a jewel in the roughgveinot is a jewel in the roughgveinot is a jewel in the roughgveinot is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2000 SL2
Default S Series Automatic pulling forward at idle

A while back I posted an issue in which our 2000 SL2 automatic ( now 450,000 km ) was creeping forward at idle while in drive, 2nd, or reverse. The issue was worse when the engine was cold on first start and once warmed up the issue was less noticeable. At cold start the car would literally go 20km/h and shift into second gear. You had to hold quite a bit of pressure on the brake to keep it stopped. The issue was never idle speed, that was normal. The cause was the TAAT valve body. I swapped it today and now everything is normal. This was an interesting one as this valve body shifted perfect and the fault I described would disappear once the engine was warmed up for more that 10 minutes. I'll post more details on the condition of the solenoids later in this thread. I hope this post helps someone else out down the road.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gveinot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gveinot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gveinot is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links