SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
Mazeo
Mazeo is on a distinguished road

Default New here.....Question??

Have been browsing the forums for the past 3-4 months, and have to ask WHY SATURN?? Im currently leasing a Ford Escape and will be looking for a new vehicle early next year. Want to upgrade in size and the Outlook has really caught my attention.

Ive known one Saturn-owner in my life, good friend who doesnt know much about cars, so its hard to get anything out of him. But from browsing the forums here, it seems like Saturn owners are real loyal, and Im just looking to hear why and what is it about the brand that gets people to keep coming back.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mazeo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mazeo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mazeo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
THX712517
Master Member
THX712517 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New here.....Question??

I learned how to drive on a '95 SL1 stick shift, and it was solid, reliable, took a beating and kept on running. It was fun, cheap, and enjoyable to drive. After that car went away, Dad got a new 2003 Corolla and I despised it. When it came my turn to get a car, I went out and slapped down my money on a brand spanking new Saturn Ion because it was MY make. There are Ford guys, and Mercury men, and Chevy dudes, but me, I'm a Saturn man all the way.

The cars are solid, reliable, and fun. They handle better than they have a right to for their price. They're unique. I've been treated well at Saturn, as opposed to how my parents were treated by Carmax, Mercury, and Toyota. I guess I'm loyal because I've always identified myself with the brand, I've been treated well, and I don't think I'll ever really stray outside of the Saturn name for a car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to THX712517's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help THX712517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
THX712517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

Like you Mazeo, I too have never owned a Saturn which is indeed strange for I do have friends that own Saturns and love them. Over the years, I have owned, Fords, Dodges, Plymouths, a Mercury, a Volvo, an Austin Healy, a Peugot, a Honda and currently I have a relatively new Toyota Sienna (sucked in by the advertising myth of the reliability of a Toyota). Indeed,the only car I have ever owned with which I had more trouble was the Volvo. I am not dissing either brand, just stating a fact that neither my Toyota nor Volvo were or are very good cars when it comes to the reliabilty factor. Also, I am not very impressed with the dealerships of either make. The Toyota dealer, I believe, sees all his customers as "money trees, ready for the plucking". Anyway, to get back to my point, I stumbled across this web site and just loved the overwhelming enthusiasm of the members which seems to be forthcoming from their love for the car and its network of dealers. I know now that in good part because of this forum, I too want to join the "Saturn owners club". The fact that the Outlook seems to be an shaping up as an outstanding vehicle is a real plus of course.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
gmhashope
gmhashope is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Well I originally fell in love with with the first SCs and my dad's blue green '92 SC was awesome. I liked various Saturn models since then; VUE, '03 and '04 ION sedan, '01-'02 SC2. But now GM is finally giving the attention Saturn deserves with the Aura, Sky, Outlook, future VUE, Astra, and Corsa models.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than liked for who I'm not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmhashope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmhashope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmhashope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Mazeo
Mazeo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate it.

Warren - I feel the same way as you. I think a huge part of my interest in the brand is how loyal the people on this very board are. Its really somethin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mazeo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mazeo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mazeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
f3qu3t
f3qu3t is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 2.2L

It's a Saturn. What else is there to say?

In 2000 - 2000 LS1 (Dad's) & 1998 SC2 (Mine)
In 2004 - 2005 VUE (Wife's)
In 2005 - 2005 Ion (Sister's)
In 2006 - 2006 Ion QC (Dad's)
In 2007 - 2007 Outlook (Mine!)

I still have my SC2, my Father's LS1 and they're both runnin' great. Unfortunately, atleast one is gonna have to go to make room for the Outlook.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to f3qu3t's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help f3qu3t reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
f3qu3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
marcusa
marcusa is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1

I (officially) learned to drive in a Taurus, currently drive an Intrigue, and have driven Nissan, Dodge, VW, Toyota and others (all belonging to others in the family or friends). But the one I loved the most was my 1997 SL1 (which is now my gf's).

It didn't have the best handling of all of them, it wasn't the best looking, nor was it the quietest (The new Saturns would be though, they're state-of-the-art). It was the most reliable though. But that's not why...

The Saturn had personality. I fell in love with it instantly, and still love it to this day. There was just something unique about the car in every aspect. It felt different, I loved all its nifty features and quirks. It wasn't just a car, it was, well, a Saturn! You have to own one to understand I guess. All other new cars lose their appeal after a few weeks and are just "the car" but the Saturn, though it wasn't a complete novelty, still kept something special about it. We name all our cars but the Saturn is the only car I call by its nickname in reference to it often as opposed to just "my car" or "your car."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marcusa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marcusa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marcusa is offline   Reply With Quote