SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #21
hasitha
hasitha is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I Give Up On The Outlook!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCarNewbie
Hasitha, you've actually personally *driven* an Outlook?
Tell us everything! Until the rest of us can have the pleasure of actually putting our cheeks in the seat, maybe we can just live vicariously through you.......
OK, here goes...
I used to work for a consulting company that contracts to GM. Recently I met with a couple of my old co-workers for lunch. They came to lunch with a GM client in his Outlook. After lunch we talked about the outlook and got a brief test drive. Here's what he disclosed (that I can share with you):
price: about 27.5k, gas milage: 17-18/24-25 (not final yet)

The restaurent was near a four lane road with a speed limit of 45 and traffic lights every 1/2 mile or so. Lunch hour traffic was busy and driving was limited by traffic. First impression is the Outlook is BIG. Definitely larger than a TrailBlazer or Explorer. The thrird row was down and there was a huge cargo space there. Looking at how big it is, I am impressed to hear the gas milage.

Inside it is a lot like the Aura in styling, and fit and finish. The interior was quiet and roomy. It didn't have the typical "another GM car" feel to it. I haven't driven an automatic in a while and it required getting used to and may influence my opinion of the brief drive. It creeps me out when I sit down and hit a big brake pedal instead of the clutch. Having driven sedans it required getting used to handling the car in the tight parking lot. Traffic didn't let me do much, but the engine seemd quite capable, smooth and quiet in normal driving. Very little engine noise and wind noise. No problems getting up to speed and stopping power felt good. I'd guess a 0-60 of about 8 or 9 seconds. I tossed it around a bit and it sure felt heavy, then again I drive a car. Steering feel and ride is much better than our Vue (2002 4-cyl).

This is all I could gather in about 15 minutes. I'm sure the auto magazines will give you the real low-down in a month or so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hasitha's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hasitha reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hasitha is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #22
gmhashope
gmhashope is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

I'm jealous of you Hasitha, I haven't even seen an Outlook in person yet. But it is very cool you've been able to drive one.

The only thing dissapointing about the Outlook is the base model is supposed to have black body moldings and mirrors. There are a few other quirks about it like the Aura but it may change just like the Aura is.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than liked for who I'm not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmhashope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmhashope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmhashope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #23
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Try the Ford Freestyle if you honestly can't wait for the Outlook to come out.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #24
hasitha
hasitha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhashope
I'm jealous of you Hasitha, I haven't even seen an Outlook in person yet. But it is very cool you've been able to drive one.
It was getting pretty risky for me to saty in the auto industry, and I switched earlier this year. There are some perks to still have contacts in the auto industry.

Back in 2001 my wife wanted the upcoming Saturn Vue. Production was a month or so away when I talked a client in to letting me borrow a Vue. We ordered ours the first day they started taking orders and I was able to get a supplier discount for it too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hasitha's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hasitha reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hasitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #25
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue
I'd get the Trailblazer, I think you'll love it.....I know I know....you wish it could have been the Outlook but look at it this way...the Trailblazer isn't in its first year and should be very reliable. Given GM (including Saturn)'s track record with first and second year models, it may be just as well. I'd wait til the 3rd year before buying any GM model, way way too many quality issues for new models.
Last I checked, GM's recent model introductions include the 2007 full-size SUVs, 06 Impala, 06 Lucerne, 06 Solstice, 05 G6, 05 Equinox, 05 Cobalt, 05 Lacrosse/Allure, 04 Malibu, 04 Colorado/Canyon, 04 Grand Prix, are all a few that have been introduced without big first model year issues. Obviously there will be some, but that is commonplace to any manufacturer, and there are changes that always come within model years.
The main one with the bad track record is Saturn...and I'd say they're not going to take the same chances they did before.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #26
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Can you still find a trailblazer EXT? They went out of production over 6 months ago (just the 7 passenger ones). I know the Envoy XL's are pretty scarce (except in Denali trim). I have a 2006 Envoy XL and I love it, except for the fuel economy (14-20 in RWD trim). It seats 7 nicely, is very comfortable, and I have had 10,000 trouble free miles. While the Trailblazer is mechanically the same, I like the look of the Envoy better, and I think the interior is a bit nicer. The 2006 exterior upgrades on the Envoy make it look even nicer (a lot more chrome and some different lettering) I was in the same situation actually. I wanted an Outlook, but my lease was up, so I ended up with the Envoy XL.

You may also want to try the Isuzu Asender 7 (basically a rebadged Envoy with a different grille, longer warranty, cheaper price, and more rebates). There may still be a couple of those out there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #27
Njerald
Njerald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emg77
Can you still find a trailblazer EXT? They went out of production over 6 months ago (just the 7 passenger ones). I know the Envoy XL's are pretty scarce (except in Denali trim). I have a 2006 Envoy XL and I love it, except for the fuel economy (14-20 in RWD trim). It seats 7 nicely, is very comfortable, and I have had 10,000 trouble free miles. While the Trailblazer is mechanically the same, I like the look of the Envoy better, and I think the interior is a bit nicer. The 2006 exterior upgrades on the Envoy make it look even nicer (a lot more chrome and some different lettering) I was in the same situation actually. I wanted an Outlook, but my lease was up, so I ended up with the Envoy XL.

You may also want to try the Isuzu Asender 7 (basically a rebadged Envoy with a different grille, longer warranty, cheaper price, and more rebates). There may still be a couple of those out there.
January timeframe for the Veracruz and CX-9.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Njerald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Njerald is offline   Reply With Quote