SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
robertburns3
robertburns3 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re-guess the Outlook price.

Last time we did this exercise, we knew less about the Outlook and I don't think we had Aura pricing. Plus, it sounds like prices might start leaking out on Monday the 16th.

Previously I guessed the Outlook (based on what a Lansing plant manager told me) would be $25k for the XE (fwd) and $27 for the XR (fwd).

Since another insider said it would be very competitive against the Honda Pilot and the Pilot starts at $26,995.00 (MSRP) and $24,294.00 (invoice) I am now guessing we will be pleasantly surprised and the Outlook will start at $23,995 for the XE (fwd)

I think the XR will add $4,000, to bring its starting point to $27,995 -- less than the difference between the XE and XR Auras, because there is no engine and transmission difference on the Outlook.

I would say add $2000 bucks for awd to either – similar to the additional cost for awd on the Vue.

What's your guess?

Former Saturn salesperson...love the cars, hated the boss.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robertburns3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robertburns3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
robertburns3 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
SKYGUY10066
SKYGUY10066 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Re-guess the Outlook price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertburns3
Last time we did this exercise, we knew less about the Outlook and I don't think we had Aura pricing. Plus, it sounds like prices might start leaking out on Monday the 16th.

Previously I guessed the Outlook (based on what a Lansing plant manager told me) would be $25k for the XE (fwd) and $27 for the XR (fwd).

Since another insider said it would be very competitive against the Honda Pilot and the Pilot starts at $26,995.00 (MSRP) and $24,294.00 (invoice) I am now guessing we will be pleasantly surprised and the Outlook will start at $23,995 for the XE (fwd)

I think the XR will add $4,000, to bring its starting point to $27,995 -- less than the difference between the XE and XR Auras, because there is no engine and transmission difference on the Outlook.

I would say add $2000 bucks for awd to either similar to the additional cost for awd on the Vue.

What's your guess?
We'll find out next week and although I would love the Outlook to be priced as you indicated I think you are off by a few grand. I think the FWD XE to start at about 26K The XR at 28K....just a guess considering the equipment level on these vehicles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGUY10066's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGUY10066 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGUY10066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
dschrader
Advanced Member
dschrader is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Not sure about starting prices but I'm guessing the average transaction price will be in the $32-$34,000 range.

I'm betting it will be more expensive than the Pilot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dschrader's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dschrader reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dschrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

Somebody also mentioned the Toureg as well as the Pilot for comparable pricing . So I too think it will be a bit pricier than you anticipate above. Let's home not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

....I fear what that will translate to in Canadian dollars

Despite a 12% difference in currency, I am sure they will price WELL beyond that

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
dschrader
Advanced Member

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

the OUTLOOK blows the Pilot out of the water.

When you compare the interiors and features available it's amazing how much more you get on the OUTLOOK. It will be more than a Pilot but still worth every penny.

Again I'm guess an average transaction price (before fees and accessories) of $32-$34 and that may even be light.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dschrader reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

If its replacing the out-going Envoy & Trailblazer and is about the same size, wouldn't it be priced the same??? .....I would hope anyway.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

These numbers being thrown about are starting to scare me. As a Canadian, we accept paying a little more because of the difference in our dollar values and have for years accepted the premium auto makers place on their cars because they seem to have conditioned Canadians into paying more for their vehicles. Given the foregoing, it seems to me that in Canada the numbers now being used will place the basic XE at around $40 K (Cdn) and up from there. That means the XR will be coming in at about
$46 K minimum. I can't imagine Saturn selling many Outlooks in Canada at that price. Good thing we are not waiting for the Buick version.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
robertburns3
robertburns3 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Considering the Buick is expected to start around 28 and the GMC will be priced below the Buick, but higher than the Saturn, I am sticking to my pricing.

I may be a bit too optimistic, but I have to be. If I am not optimistic, I will be disappointed that I cannot afford one. Tourag's are really expensive, really they are priced too high for a VW. I think that will have to be in the Buick's territory. (Plus the Tourag is one of the worst reliable cars on the planet, but that's another thread.)

Former Saturn salesperson...love the cars, hated the boss.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robertburns3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robertburns3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
robertburns3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #10
dschrader
Advanced Member

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I would be shocked to se an XE start under $27K.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschrader
I would be shocked to se an XE start under $27K.
I agree. I've been told it will be competitive with the Pilot. To me that means about the same starting point. And based on the specs, the XE Outlook brings a lot more to the table than the Pilot. 270hp vs. 244hp, 6spd was 5 spd, 18" wheels vs. 16", much more cargo capacity, etc.

The Outlook is a lot bigger than a Trailblazer or an Envoy, and has 3 rows vs. 2!

BTW, the Pilot is $27,690 with destination.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:27 AM   #12
bkerrpdx
bkerrpdx is on a distinguished road

So I have fallen into the forum abyss here and anxiously await the arrival of this hyped crossover, but I'm am growing concerned as to the price. I know this is rehashing month's of speculation on price, but if you think that an XR is growing close to a base of $30k.... a fully loaded model may just about push 40k ( nav 2k, dvd 1k, sunroof 2k, 4wd 3k ). Has there been any information as to standard features on the XR? Does anyone know about the sunroof on the outlook ? I am looking at that ACADIA and their 'skyscape' is very attractive and would hope that the Outlook has something similar.

If you're talking close to 40k, and these first models are not going to have any incentives.... it makes me take a long look at a Tahoe with the towing capacity for just a couple of dollars more ( when you factor in current incentives ). I like the idea of it being compared to the Pilot, but not the severely overpriced Touareg ( I have no idea if I spelled that right ).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bkerrpdx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bkerrpdx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bkerrpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #13
dschrader
Advanced Member

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkerrpdx
So I have fallen into the forum abyss here and anxiously await the arrival of this hyped crossover, but I'm am growing concerned as to the price. I know this is rehashing month's of speculation on price, but if you think that an XR is growing close to a base of $30k.... a fully loaded model may just about push 40k ( nav 2k, dvd 1k, sunroof 2k, 4wd 3k ). Has there been any information as to standard features on the XR? Does anyone know about the sunroof on the outlook ? I am looking at that ACADIA and their 'skyscape' is very attractive and would hope that the Outlook has something similar.

If you're talking close to 40k, and these first models are not going to have any incentives.... it makes me take a long look at a Tahoe with the towing capacity for just a couple of dollars more ( when you factor in current incentives ). I like the idea of it being compared to the Pilot, but not the severely overpriced Touareg ( I have no idea if I spelled that right ).
I think you are very close on your guesses. And yes, the OUTLOOK does have the "skyscape" in the back to help brighten things up.

We'll find out about the final pricing very soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #14
Njerald
Njerald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkerrpdx

Features have been available for some time........my spreadsheet has been done for months

GMC

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...page=4&butID=3

Saturn

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...page=6&butID=3

Buick not available yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Njerald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Njerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:17 PM   #15
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Any pricing model on Outlook should take into account its baby brother VUE. At $23,995, an Outlook XE would impact VUE V6 sales, and not in a way either GM or Saturn would like.

I stick to my guns that all but the VUE Red Line variant will be cheaper than Outlook. Using that logic, Outlook XE pricing would start at 26K. XR would start around 29K and a fully loaded XR with AWD would top off in the 33K range.

XE = $26,095
XR = $28,995

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #16
bkerrpdx

Thanks for the spreadsheets! You guys are really helpful..... or just really bored!

Saturn site does seem to have some new theatrics up on their site regarding the outlook.

Went into dealership as well, it's not very reassuring when you seem to know about the product than the actual sales people.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bkerrpdx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #17
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

Are you really saying a fully loaded XR AWD will top off at $33K??? Do you define this as all options? If so, you better brush up on your math! Even if you're correct in your $28,995 XE price, AWD will add $2k, with only another $2 in options available! The navigation alone will get you up to that point.....not to mention all the other things available! Have you looked at the prices lately on loaded Explorers or Durangos? They're over $40k! A loaded Tahoe is over $50k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2
Any pricing model on Outlook should take into account its baby brother VUE. At $23,995, an Outlook XE would impact VUE V6 sales, and not in a way either GM or Saturn would like.

I stick to my guns that all but the VUE Red Line variant will be cheaper than Outlook. Using that logic, Outlook XE pricing would start at 26K. XR would start around 29K and a fully loaded XR with AWD would top off in the 33K range.

XE = $26,095
XR = $28,995

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #18
bkerrpdx

I agree with the concern... but again, we're rehashing things at this point. I talked to the dealership and ( although my confidence in them was slight at best ) and they right out laughed at the thought of ANY Saturn approaching the 40k range. I told them that this was a slight step up in quality and size for they have been accustomed to. I'm guessing that I'm going to look at about $37k when I'm done with things... .then tax on top of that. There's my 40k.

Although I really want one a this point..... I'm really on the fence on whether to hold out for incentives as I've never paid full MSRP on any car.

This platform is definitely it.....my ego is going to be the problem in the acquisition part.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #19
Njerald

Just built some Mazda CX-9's.

MSRP prices.

Base Sport, 2WD, no options - $29,630

Grand Touring, 4WD, most options - $40,000+

This is for a vehicle that is smaller and lighter than the new GM brands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #20
Njerald

My guess based on Trailblazer EXT pricing...

XE 2wd - $26,500 MSRP

XR 4wd - $30,500 MSRP

Top off at $37,000, fully loaded 4wd XR.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!