SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 09:19 AM   #1
Black-N-Tan
Black-N-Tan is on a distinguished road

Default Extended Warranty?

I'm about to purchase my first new car EVER - a black 2004 VUE V6 FWD with tan interior! - and I'd like to gather some opinions about whether or not it's worthwhile to purchase an extended warranty. What sorts of things should I take into consideration when making my decision?

Thanks!
-Robin
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2003, 09:30 AM   #2
Dar
Dar is on a distinguished road

I got the same vehicle. You'll like it. Anyway, extended warranties is insurance, with you betting on failure. My feelings are you'll know you got a lemon long before you need an extended warranty. You can wait or postpone this decision, unless you need peace of mind.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:43 AM   #3
nortsr
nortsr is on a distinguished road

Black-N-Tan,
It all depends on how long you intend to keep your Vue and/or how many miles per year you drive. If you go to Edmunds.com and go to their TownHall section, then click on "Finance, Warranty and Insurance" discussions, you will find numerous discussions about Warranties. Go to "page 4" and cl;ick onto "GM Major Guard Warranties, who has a deal" I know there are a lot of posts...but...read them all. You do not have to purchase the warranty until your 3 year,36,000 miles warranty is up.
Whatever you decide, make sure you get the "GM Plan from a GM dealer. These warranties are "Negotiable" and there are several GM dealers on the internet that sell them at a "discount".
Hopefully, there will be someone else reading this discussion and can steer you to the right place for a warranty... if and when you make up your mind as to what to do.
Good luck with your new Vue. Hope you have many, many safe and trouble free miles.
Closed Thread