SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2019, 12:45 AM   #1
mjollnir79
mjollnir79 is on a distinguished road

Default after going from reverse into drive I hear some thuds in the front end

Sounds like drivers side. I thought after the new subframe it would stop. Also new lower control arms. It sounds like things are moving around or whatever but it's always the same noise. hard to describe. No other issues with the car. Any ideas? 1996 sl2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mjollnir79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mjollnir79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mjollnir79 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2019, 01:16 AM   #2
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2
Default Re: after going from reverse into drive I hear some thuds in the front end

Does it make the same sound going from reverse to neutral? The transmission can clunk when the reverse gear engages/disengages. Is it very loud? I noticed it for the first time while running the car on jack stands. It seems to clunk louder the less load on the wheels.

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
mjollnir79

Default Re: after going from reverse into drive I hear some thuds in the front end

I'd have to check. I would right now but wife took it to work. It doesn't happen of course until I actually hit the gas peddle in drive, not as I change. It's not too loud.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mjollnir79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
mjollnir79

Ok this isn't me, but when this guy says "reverse" at the 6 second mark it sounds almost exactly like that.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfHN4DqF7Gw

REWARD EXCELLENCE!