SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 03-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
captsam
captsam is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2
1996 SL2
Default Edmund's names the Ion one of the 10 Worst Cars Ever?

Personally, I find it stupid. What's even worse is, a lot of Ion owners were defending the car and all the comments were deleted (How Convenient).

I agree, the Ignition Switch is a problem (but it's a GM problem, not necessarily a Saturn problem). *******s got too cheap with the components. In either case, if you'd like to put your two cents in on the comments section... or write them again (as I did), here's the link: http://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/10-w...276300901.html

For the link to the main article, go here and leave your comments there as well: http://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-worst...lkA1NXSU1DMF8x

Some of the article is just outrageous lie:

"Huffman said that Saturn, despite the buzz it created, was weighed down by GM problems. For instance, the plastic body panels 'expanded and contracted at different rates, became brittle in sunlight, aged poorly, and looked worse when they began to crack.'"
captsam is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
Dutchman1954
Dutchman1954 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Edmund's names the Ion one of the 10 Worst Cars Ever?

Yeah it reads like someone definitely had an agenda. We all know that there were higher ups at GM that were against the formation of Saturn from the beginning. The corporate mentality of that era is what did in the entire company eventually. If you read some of the comments in that article (the ones that are still there) there were a number of cars mentioned that should have been on that list that weren't.
Dutchman1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to alldummo is a name known to all

1997 SW2
Default Re: Edmund's names the Ion one of the 10 Worst Cars Ever?

...10 Worst Cars 'Ever' ???
That's pretty harsh and of course ridiculous. I too owned an Ion and would still be driving it today if it had not been totaled. I paid it off after 6 years and was driving it payment free for a year when it was killed. I amassed over 80,000 miles and it still felt and drove new. It was a 2004 ION3 Auto and I never had any real trouble with the car other than the Passlock issue. The plastic body panels alone made it a step up from the metal skinned beasts on the road around it. I loved the center mounted instrument panel and the tiny bumper car styled steering wheel. The Iron Cross Alloy Wheels still stand out as a styling milestone in the world of dubs.
1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote