SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
ShawnV
Master Member
ShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the rough

2000 SW2
Default P0506 and P0507 idling problems

I recently dropped a rebuilt engine into my 1996 SW2.

Directly after, I had high idling that seemed to be intermittent.

I swapped out sensors, throttle bodies and PCV hoses and each time the idle went away then came back.

I was driving down the highway today and I started getting a flashing SES (random misfire) and it came up with a 506 and 507. I had the 507 before as well.

Help!

shawn
ShawnV is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: P0506 and P0507 idling problems

Sounds suspiciously like the IAC is not functioning properly. First part to change and inspect the wiring for damage.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
ShawnV
Master Member
ShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the roughShawnV is a jewel in the rough

2000 SW2

I got out there today and checked out the connector. One of the pins was shoved deep back into the connector, so I tried to fish it out with a probe. I got it most of the way and the first test drive was promising!

shawn
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
laser3kw
laser3kw will become famous soon enough

2000 SC1

I recently had a p0507 pop up. Same thing, higher idle and gph was up 5%
it was caused by bumping the starter a couple of times and slight back fire / cough / sneeze blew the vacuum lines loose from the purge solenoid.
laser3kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnV View Post
I got out there today and checked out the connector. One of the pins was shoved deep back into the connector, so I tried to fish it out with a probe. I got it most of the way and the first test drive was promising!

shawn
Go chop a connector off of a dead Saturn and solder it on. The back comes off the connector and you can then pull the wire seal and push the connector back where it belongs. Have a replacement in hand first.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
ShawnV
Master Member

2000 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
Go chop a connector off of a dead Saturn and solder it on. The back comes off the connector and you can then pull the wire seal and push the connector back where it belongs. Have a replacement in hand first.
I do have a connector here off another engine, but I couldn't figure out how to open up the connector to expose the wires.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
OldNuc

1998 SC2

IIRC the back comes off. I have the parts to make the connectors. I should just go look. They are a PITA to make up so they spend much time in their box. It is easier to just solder in another connector and shrink wrap the splice.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=met...nectors&_rdc=1

And the source. http://www.metripack.com/

You have weather pac and metri pac connector systems, they function the same way but the max current is higher with the metri pac system. Both as shown on the 3rd link above. the eBay links are just so you can get an idea of the price of them.