SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General

Old 01-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default How Odd.

Sold my fire-damaged LW200 last July to a local fellow.
He brought plates along with (not legal in my state) from some other car.
Paid cash and off he went.
So, recently I get a certified letter from the Sheriff of Ft. Morgan, Co.
He says that 'my' car (my old car's VIN) was abandoned in his town, towed and impounded since Oct. 2016.
The gist of the letter was he was wanting me to pay for the charges AND to kindly inform me that it is a felony to just abandon a vehicle....

I emailed him info which at least showed the my state of Virginia acknowledges that I am no longer being charged personal property tax since July.
The Sheriff basically responded that if I did not want the car and that it evidently was not mine, that they would dispose of it.

I am amazed that the owner got that far, around 1500 miles from central VA to CO!
Amazed, not due to any engine or trans issue cause there were none, but amazed because the car was missing the left rear glass as had a left rear melted tail lens (I never could find one for a 2003 LH rear).

Just realized I had never removed the reference to my 2003 car from under my avatar photo....just tried now and could not find a way to remove it, just to select another model and year were the only options !!!!

Last edited by toggenburg; 01-26-2017 at 02:14 PM.
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: How Odd.

I'm curious so I went to 'Edit Your Details' and found among the selections a blank at the top of each selection list. I would presume if you selected blanks and save your selections, this will update your profile.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
flyingj
Advanced Member
flyingj will become famous soon enoughflyingj will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 3.5L

That does make you wonder why it was abandoned there. It almost made it to Denver, just another 30-45 min and it would have been here.

Ft. Morgan has a great little airport, but not much else going on. Just the sugar beat factory.
2001 L-200 2.2l
DOB: 05/08/01 Owned: 07/01/07 to 10/30/18

2006 Vue 3.5L AWD Mileage: 145,000
DOB: 08/24/05 Date Acquired: 12/15/06

2019 GMC Acadia (aka Saturn Outlook)
flyingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

Correct Fdryer, thanks.
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote