SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
mysaturnvue2
mysaturnvue2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Question 2003 AWDV6 fluid seepage at tranny pan & oil pan

Does anyone know if fluid seepage at tranny pan & oil pan is "normal" , supposedly due to the type of sealer used at factiry on the pans. That's what the Orlando dealer says. Also I have recently noticed a sluggishness in shifting to high gear at highway speeds. Dealer says it's okay.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mysaturnvue2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mysaturnvue2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
saturnhacker
saturnhacker is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2003 AWDV6 fluid seepage at tranny pan & oil pan

leakage is not normal. in fact, the manual says that you dont have to change or add fluid under normal use. btw this uses a "special" atf that you have to get from saturn. have the dealer fix the leak. cant speak to the slow shifting, but i'm always skeptical when the dealer calls abnormalities "normal".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnhacker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnhacker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-13-2005, 03:20 AM   #3
mysaturnvue2

2003 VUE 3.0L
Mad Re: 2003 AWDV6 fluid seepage at tranny pan & oil pan

Two dealers refuse to do anything to the transmission and oil pan because they say "seepage is normal". Any suggestions from anyone on getting the work done while I'm still in warranty. The 2 local dealers won't budge on this. They also said "We have documented this in your file & even if you have problems after warranty expires, it's covered. Has anybody had any luck on that with anything?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mysaturnvue2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Razorbak
Master Member
Razorbak is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysaturnvue2
Two dealers refuse to do anything to the transmission and oil pan because they say "seepage is normal".
Sounds like a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Do they also recommend that you put a drip pan underneath to collect this "normal" seepage?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Razorbak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Razorbak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:37 PM   #5
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Normally to have an oil leak covered under warrenty the seepage/leak needs to form drops. An oil film would go under the heading of seepage and not be able to be done under warrenty.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
David Harleyson
David Harleyson is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnhacker
leakage is not normal. in fact, the manual says that you dont have to change or add fluid under normal use. btw this uses a "special" atf that you have to get from saturn. have the dealer fix the leak. cant speak to the slow shifting, but i'm always skeptical when the dealer calls abnormalities "normal".

Not entirely true. The Magnuson-Moss Wattanty Act states that if a manufacturer requires a specific brand product (not a specific RATING) then it must be provided to the customers free of charge. Example: The trans fluid for the Honda 5 speed auto in the 04 & 05 carries a Specific Saturn part #. HOWEVER, the owners manual specifically states that the spec is Honda Z1. You can use any fluid that meets the Z1 spec and have no warranty issues. Last I checked, Saturn ain't giving away trans fluid.

Also, the Honda aluminum castings have issues with "casting porosity". Honda considers this normal. (Though many of us would argue the point) They can and do ooze fluid. Not to the point of "dripping" just a "wet" spot. The fix? According to Honda, clean the affected area, bring the area to operating temp and apply a thin layer of epoxy sealer I am dead serious.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David Harleyson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David Harleyson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:31 AM   #7
wrg813
wrg813 is on a distinguished road

Either we are missing something or your dealers are idiots. If the underneath of your Vue is not dry, they should be doing repairs. I don't understand if a tech sees a leak does not do a repair. Let us know what we are missing. If this is not the case, find another dealer or call Saturn and raise hell!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wrg813's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wrg813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:41 AM   #8
wrg813
wrg813 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssicarman
Normally to have an oil leak covered under warrenty the seepage/leak needs to form drops. An oil film would go under the heading of seepage and not be able to be done under warrenty.
I would be interested in seeing the text in Saturn's policies and procedures that would exempt seepage as a warrentable(sp) repair. Just curious.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wrg813's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wrg813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:36 AM   #9
saturnhacker
saturnhacker is on a distinguished road

dealers get paid from saturn for warranty, and normally if they can get paid they will put it to warranty... but gm is breathing down everyones necks to keep warranty costs down, which also includes cutting labor times for warranty work.. dealers who have "too much" warranty work go on the ***** list..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnhacker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnhacker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:10 AM   #10
mysaturnvue2

2003 VUE 3.0L

So I guess all of this just means that I'm being shafted & unless the tranny falls out in the next 5,000 miles, it's not going to be fixed under warranty? This is my 4th Saturn. Had a new '97 wagon & new 2000 L-series wagon & they were both great, but just had to have a VUE when they came out.I even had the postcard with the Artists rendering that I picked up in Spring Hill at the LAST real "Homecoming". I have been very loyal, bought every Saturn mug, Saturn T-shirt, Saturn stadium blanket,Saturn flash light, Saturn sunglasses, Saturn Bear, & the list goes on. I even did a testimonial in the Saturn Info-mercial for our local dealer. I have collected several "bird-dog" fees for sending them buying customers.
Got this '03 VUE because the dealer "bought back" my '02 Vue. I had the '02 for about 7 monthes and in that time it was in the "shop" for 45 days for several issues that could not be repaired. I was putting the postage stamp on the "lemon law" letter & gave them one last chance to fix it or exchange it. We had been negotiaing for 4 monthes, & I was over it. They certainly had more to gain by exchanging, rather than having to declare on the paperwork that my '02 was a "lemon" and I really wanted to give them one more chance. This is the same dealer, I must say "my customer loyalty" is wearing thin, unless I can find a "Straight up" dealer, that will fix the problems on the '03. Customer loyalty has got to be a two way street.

Last edited by mysaturnvue2; 02-16-2005 at 07:25 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread