SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #21
jdbell2004
jdbell2004 has a spectacular aura aboutjdbell2004 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Vue Green Line 4t45e Trans Shot????

I just need this one last post so I can post them. (damn 15 post requirement for posting links...)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdbell2004's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdbell2004 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdbell2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2016, 11:25 PM   #22
jdbell2004

Alright, here are some pics.

[IMG[/IMG]
This is the bearing that failed in the pump housing. The one on top is the new bearing, the one on the bottom is the old and the pump shaft on the right is what wore through the old bearing.

[IMG[/IMG]
This is the intermediate/4th band. You can see where it was torqued to it's breaking point.

[IMG[/IMG]
This is the pump shaft. It's seen better days.

Last edited by jdbell2004; 04-03-2016 at 11:32 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jdbell2004 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #23
jdbell2004

It just keeps getting more and more interesting...

Not surprisingly, the pump is ground up pretty well. Took some sandpaper work to get it to spin freely.

Torque specs in the Chiltons manual call for 124 in lbs of torque for the valve body, stripped one hole before backing it off substantially. Pump calls for 9 ft lbs, broke a bolt off in the transmission housing.

Now we're trying to fish the manual valve out of it's fitting in the housing to connect to the gear selector.

I'm getting very close to calling it quits with this thing...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #24
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Its unfortunate when things pop up unannounced to make repairs difficult. The damaged needle bearing and shaft is strange - lack of lubrication?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #25
jdbell2004

Honestly, I'm not sure what the cause was. Something caused the pump shaft to cant and grind the needle bearings. I did notice the torque converter was locked up as well. I'm almost 6 months into this now, making payments each month it sits... I'm very thankful I have a friend who happens to be a mechanic, he keeps me as positive as possible about this whole situation.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #26
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I agree. It's rare to have a friend who's also a xmission tech. I recall a co-worker years ago who worked in a xmission shop and explained how easy it is to repair automatic xmissions. This was before EFI systems and electronically controlled xmissions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #27
jdbell2004

She lives!!!! A little slippage in first gear but she's about 1.5q low on fluid still. Will fill her all the way up today and tighten up the last few bolts then to the dealer she goes!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #28
jdbell2004

And she's slipping in all forward gears now...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!