SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
KuznVue
KuznVue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default Vue/Hybrid A/C problem

I have an issue with my A/C that popped up one early summer after having repairs done from hitting a raccoon the previous Fall. Condenser coil and lines replaced by dealer. The problem appeared to late to be covered by warranty from the collision. The A/C compressor starts and runs fine but the radiator fan takes forever to kick into high to cool the condenser. Then on high speed fan the charge is shown to be fine and it spits ice cubes out of the vents. But until the radiator fan kicks into high speed the A/C does not cool properly. My question is where is the switch or thermostatic switch that controls the radiator fan to kick it into high speed????
Getting tired of waiting for the engine to warm up enough to do the chore of kicking the fan into high speed on those hot days......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KuznVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KuznVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KuznVue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Vue/Hybrid A/C problem

If I'm not mistaken, a/c systems requires immediate cooling fan operation since the condenser coil and radiator are hot. With only high speed fan cooling being noticed well after a/c and radiator heat up, the low speed cooling fan resistor may be burned out. Cars use 1, 2, or 3 speed cooling fans with one or two fans. If yours is a single cooling fan, the low speed resistor is used for a/c cooling of the condenser coil. As the cooling system heats up along with normal a/c use in local stop and go traffic in hot weather, the cooling system will determine when to switch to high speed cooling fan use to bring high operating temps down. The resistor is a large ceramic type (check rockauto or GM parts online) located on a shelf on the driver's side front wheel well. The front portion of the splash shield will have to be removed or bent out of the way to see it. A search in Vue forums will show pictures. If you're lucky and your descriptions are correct, the resistor will be the lowest cost repair compared to a problem with the a/c system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #3
KuznVue
KuznVue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default Re: Vue/Hybrid A/C problem

Yes I have a single fan and it runs on low speed but on a hot day the A/C will not cool until the engine warms enough to call for high speed and then the ice cold air comes out of the vents again........
I'll check for the resistor first day I get off, Thanks!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KuznVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KuznVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KuznVue is offline   Reply With Quote