SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
rlsmith04
rlsmith04 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default Becm

Hello!

The wiring on my coolant for the BECM were chewed through and the BECM ended up over heating and now it needs replaced. I made contact with a dealership and found that the part is about 650-700 USD. I'm looking to find a used one or a replacement part, but not wanting to spend that much money. Anyone know where I can find one or get a better rate on one?

Thanks! -- and before I forget I own a 2007 Saturn Vue hybrid green line edition.

(Battery Energy Control Module or Battery Disconnect Unit BDU is what the part is called by Saturn).

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rlsmith04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rlsmith04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rlsmith04 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
vasy
Advanced Member
vasy is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default Re: Becm

Crap. I'd still get a new one. I was in the similar boat with that part needing a replacement and with the 1st and 2nd generation modules having design issues you need to look for the 3rd generation and it has only been installed under the warranty so chances like winning a lottery. 1st and 2nd can be told by color 2nd and 3rd by part numbers only.
I was not able to locate Gen3 one in 3 month, went to dealer and negotiated the part down to $500 plus the upgraded wiring harness from ebay for $40 and modified old myself fan to fit the new plug as it was an extra $150 for no reason.
If the price you quote includes installation and programming, just go for it, it is a good price, if not, negotiate, this module is basically dealer only service item as it requires proprietary re-programing. You maybe able to save the labor charge on removing and re-installing but can be killed in the process if don't do it just right. I have full instruction on how to and can help out if you need.
And with design issues in the earlier modules, can't risk used as you are still gonna be out close to 1/2 after all and may still need to replace it again with the new unit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vasy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vasy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
rlsmith04
rlsmith04 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line

Thanks for the help... Sadly, as I don't really wanna chance death, I think I will have to leave it to the professionals since I'm a hillbilly mechanic at best... On another note, do you knwo the difference in fuel mileage you got by having the BECM vs not having it? Want to see if it would even be worth fixing in the long run as the ol' Saturn has 107000 miles on er.

Thanks again!

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rlsmith04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rlsmith04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rlsmith04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 AM   #4
vasy
Advanced Member
vasy is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsmith04 View Post
Thanks for the help... Sadly, as I don't really wanna chance death, I think I will have to leave it to the professionals since I'm a hillbilly mechanic at best... On another note, do you know the difference in fuel mileage you got by having the BECM vs not having it? Want to see if it would even be worth fixing in the long run as the ol' Saturn has 107000 miles on er.

Thanks again!

Bob
I don't think the car can operate without it as it is also responsible for recharging your primary battery. Maybe GM can disable the system but I don't know about it.
Death can only happen if you don't disconnect the high voltage cables as told Sorry to hear about your mouse issue, darn rodents.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vasy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vasy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:31 PM   #5
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

The BECM is in a metal box behind the rear seat. There is not any coolant that is anywhere near this module. It is air cooled.

In what part of the Vue is the damaged chewed wiring?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote