SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
Rvcrazy
Rvcrazy is on a distinguished road

Default Check engine on P0700 and P0705 codes?

Car starts and runs beautiful despite check engine light on. Some days the car drives and shifts perfect through all the gears. Another day i can go from reverse to drive and it doesn't move without a bit more gas than normal, once going it's fine but doesn't come out of first, seems just like it works in 2nd and 3rd.....it will get me from point A to point B ....I scanned it at a tranny shop, codes found P0700 and secondary code P0705....Range code/selector and neutral safety switch?????/ what gives here....shop was out of town, they were to busy to get into it what it really needed to be right again

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rvcrazy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rvcrazy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rvcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Check engine on P0700 and P0705 codes?

Year? Quad Coupe or Sedan?
Which transmission?
Mileage?

Sounds like a bad park/neutral/range switch. In other words the computer can't tell what position the shifter is in.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 178K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 185K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
j.small17
j.small17 has a spectacular aura aboutj.small17 has a spectacular aura aboutj.small17 has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XE
Default Re: Check engine on P0700 and P0705 codes?

Having a similar issue on my 09 Astra auto transmission.

Issue has been intermittent (started during a 2-week period of -30C to -40C degree weather. Once weather warmed up, the issue went away. Has recently returned). Here is what's happening:

- On first drive of the day, the car runs fine, with no symptoms (other than check engine light)
- On the next drive, once I move the shifter out of P, all of the indicator lights on the shifter come on and "--" appears on dash where the transmission position would normally appear.
- Car is super sluggish when accelerating out of a start (feels like it's trying to get going from 3rd?)
- I can shift myself, though it is SUPER rough going from 1-2
- Super rough shifting into R too
- Cruise control does not work at all when these symptoms are active (works fine on 1st drive of day)
- P0705 code (and one more. Can't recall atm)

Had the same codes on an 01 Focus and replaced the range sensor. Is the Neutral Safety Switch the Saturn equivalent to range sensors? Are there any reliable aftermarket range sensors/Neutral Safety Switches that anyone has used and can recommend? I'm seeing the GM part for $350 +tx and don't want to drop that much on the part if I don't have to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to j.small17's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help j.small17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
j.small17 is offline   Reply With Quote