SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 12:17 PM   #1
jupitersaturn
jupitersaturn is on a distinguished road

Default Need help to install left side fender on 2000 LS

There are basically 3 main parts to this fender, plus the headlight assembly. I hit a deer in the dark and it basically destroyed the aforementioned left side fender and headlight.

I am attempting to reinstall the "salvage yard" parts. The first piece necessary is a plastic ( what else ) rail that is about an inch or 2 wide and runs the length of the hood, from the windshield to the back side of the headlight. It is being a BEAR to get back on, and has almost broke on me several times. Four screws hold it in place, and also has 2 rubber "clips", each with the top sticking out of 2 openings on this rail. This piece is a must, I am assuming, since it relates to the fender itself, and as I tell people, car manufacturers put ALL parts on the car for a reason.

This rail was in pieces when I was removing all of the destroyed parts, and as usual, did not look to see in which direction the 2 rubber pieces mount in their respective holes on it. I know which direction the rail itself goes on. That was easy to recall, because the ends of this rail are different. But, for some reason, I can't get the d**n thing back on, whether I try with the 2 rubber pieces in their holes, or try with them out, hoping to get them pushed back in when I get this rail screwed back down with the 4 screws that hold it in place.

The plastic fender well goes in next, rounding over the tire from the front door to just behind the headlight, and all that hold it in are those plastic push / pull pins that swell up on the back side after insertion into the hole, and a slight push on a screw-like pin with your finger.

IF anyone is familiar with what is facing me, and can help, PLEASE answer this post. The car is overdue for inspection and new registration / license plate. Here, in North Carolina, new fines are levied, the longer you go past your license plate expiration date, and I am pushing the second of four or five different fines. D**N DEER!!!!

PLEASE attach jpeg. files / photos if at all possible. I sincerely apologize for the novel-like post, but I hope it makes enough sense for someone...anyone to understand. T hanks very much for any assistance or advice / expertise that can be given. I would be VERY grateful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jupitersaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jupitersaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jupitersaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Need help to install left side fender on 2000 LS

Welcome to SaturnFans, jupitersaturn!

I have not had to replace the fender nor its related components. However, I do have manuals and could send information if that would help. Please send a private message with an email address and I will send that information to you.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Need help to install left side fender on 2000 LS

Email has been sent.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote