SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
mike97478
mike97478 is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 vue turn signal switch replacement

My turn signal will not turn off after making a left turn - right turn is ok.
Has anyone changed the turn signal switch / module on a 06 / 07 vue? The dealer wants $200.00 or so to replace it and said the part is around $55.00.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Mike97478

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike97478's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike97478 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike97478 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
mikenews
mikenews is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2007 vue turn signal switch replacement

Having the same problem... mine the lights actually dim on the dash and radio when turning left. I am going to replace it. Doesn't look to hard.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikenews's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikenews reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikenews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
TheVue
TheVue is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

I've replaced the turn signal switch my 07. Very easy repair, maybe 20 minutes. About $38.00 plus shipping from Rockauto.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 07 Vue - Turn Swtch Rplc.pdf (61.1 KB, 221 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TheVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVue View Post
I've replaced the turn signal switch my 07. Very easy repair, maybe 20 minutes. About $38.00 plus shipping from Rockauto.com
I agree - you can hook a finger in the top cover (next to turn signal/light lever) and give a sharp upward tug to pop the cover off.

The bottom cover can be dropped by removing the three 5.5 mm screws but try with just the top cover first.

Make sure you order the correct switch - there's one for AUTO headlamps and one without. They're not interchangeable.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

The left turn reset also stopped working on my VUE. Took all of 2 mins to replace the switch. I appreciate the great job the engineer did making this so easy to replace.

I ordered an original Delco replacement from amazon. There was several generic knockoff's available for half the price. The original lasted 11 years, I do not want to waste time and money on a generic copy.

To replace...

1. Grip and unsnap the top cover over the switch.
2. Remove the wiring harness from the turn signal switch.
3. Then squeeze the release levers on the top and bottom of the old switch.
While squeezing the levers, push the switch assy in and out while pulling it outward. It will then slide out. My switch was really tight.
4. Slide in the new switch until it snaps in place. You'll see there's square guide rails on the top and bottom of the switch. Line them up and slide it in place.
5. Plug back in the wiring harness.
6. Snap back the top cover over the switch.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

Last edited by BobbyP; 09-22-2017 at 11:02 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote