Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods

Old 05-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
AlexofNazareth
Master Member
AlexofNazareth will become famous soon enough

2002 SL1
2006 VUE Red Line
Default 1st Gear Torque Limitation - Bypass

I like the way the '06-'07 Vues drive with respect to the lock-up schedule and shift schedule. Its more direct and fuel efficient compared to the earlier years and the Redline top speed is also higher on these years. However, I'd like to gain the full potential that first gear had to offer for the earlier years.

The concept of bypassing the torque limit is to fool the PCM by making the Shift Position sensor to indicate that Reverse is selected. In Reverse, the scan tool shows that 80% throttle is available compared to 50% in 1st gear. You can also hear a distinct Vtec transition.

So I'm gonna go pull another shift position sensor from the junkyard, plug the harness into that second sensor (set to Reverse), shifting the actual lever into Drive and then seeing if there is more throttle as well as if the vehicle will actually upshift.
'02 SL1 [w/ a snail-shaped muffler]
'06 Vue RL
Saturn Night is Special ED.
AlexofNazareth is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
AlexofNazareth
Master Member
AlexofNazareth will become famous soon enough

2002 SL1
2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: 1st Gear Torque Limitation - Bypass

Eh, maybe disregard this. I was thinking this might be feasible given the manual valve position would block pressure flow to the reverse clutches, but it looks like this transmission has no manual valve, its fully electronic solenoid controlled, which is something I was not familiar with. Yay for Honda making an Auto trans based on a manual design. lol
'02 SL1 [w/ a snail-shaped muffler]
'06 Vue RL
Saturn Night is Special ED.
AlexofNazareth is offline   Reply With Quote