SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #41
oilburner
oilburner is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Check Coolant Level warning?

Anyone try something as simple as this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5814yr2p_Y

curious to try, but I am thinking that might not be the problem with the Astra since the issue started so early.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oilburner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oilburner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oilburner is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #42
Z18xe_astra_OG
Z18xe_astra_OG is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Had the same issue, very easy and inexpensive fix, there was a service bulletin on the '08 astra for an issue with the thermostat read software, electronic miscommunication with regards to coolant level/temperature. Take your car to a GM dealer ( or a shop with a subscription the the specific software) and have them reprogram it. They should only charge you .7 hours

Fixed my issue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Z18xe_astra_OG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Z18xe_astra_OG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Z18xe_astra_OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #43
AstraFasta
AstraFasta will become famous soon enoughAstraFasta will become famous soon enough

I just overfilled the plastic expansion tank by 1-2cm with coolant...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AstraFasta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AstraFasta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AstraFasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:46 PM   #44
DisAstra08
DisAstra08 is on a distinguished road

I am so thankful that this website exists because I can't even count how many times it has helped me or talked me down from a situation! My check coolant light has always gone on or off intermittently and the level always seems fine. The other day it was going off enough to make me concerned and a quick search led me to this thread. While checking the coolant I noticed it was brown. I just had the thing flushed about 3 months ago. I'm thinking that it needs another flush or two or three since Saturns used DexCool and it was later found to be crap. Anyway, I added coolant to 1/2 inch above the line and the warning went away and in the meantime I've got something else to add to my car's repair list.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DisAstra08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DisAstra08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DisAstra08 is offline   Reply With Quote