SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
ALLMOTOR
ALLMOTOR is on a distinguished road

Default Parts for sale

Blue Iceman intake W/ K&N cone filter $60

1 SRW torque reaction link(solid dog bone mount)(NEW) $40

SRW Delrin rear sway bar bushings(NEW) $15

93-94 Drivers Airbag,DERM,resistor pack,and all sensors $120

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ALLMOTOR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ALLMOTOR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2003, 08:47 AM   #2
BlackBirdRacing
Advanced Member
BlackBirdRacing is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

I want the intake!!!

email me where to send money order!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlackBirdRacing's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlackBirdRacing reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-05-2003, 06:23 PM   #3
amazinghl
Master Member
amazinghl will become famous soon enough

Becareful, make sure you have info about this guy first BEFORE you send your $$$.

He only has 1 post...

Better safe than sorry.

85 GLH 367whp. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2261629#post2261629
00 Insight 72mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to amazinghl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help amazinghl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:51 AM   #4
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Attention

Quote:
Originally posted by amazinghl
Becareful, make sure you have info about this guy first BEFORE you send your $$$.

He only has 1 post...

Better safe than sorry.
I agree. Almost a year ago I bought a 1992 header from some guy at SaturnFans. As of today he has less than 80 posts and hasn't been at SaturnFans since October 2002. The header he sold to me was totally rusted and had broken studs that were jammed in place. This weekend I'm tossing it in the trash.

Also just recently we saw some Honda guy named David Chu try to sell his free Hot Wheels ION here because he was too cheap to pay eBay fees. How many posts from this guy? Four. And they are all on this one thread.

Lastly SLeepr bought an SPS throttle body from somebody here and the TB was defective, causing SLeepr all sorts of grief (SES light, extensive troubleshooting, etc.). The guy only has 16 posts and all but one are in the classifieds section.

Beware!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
amazinghl
Master Member

Quote:
Originally posted by David 93 SL2m
I agree. Almost a year ago I bought a 1992 header from some guy at SaturnFans. As of today he has less than 80 posts and hasn't been at SaturnFans since October 2002. The header he sold to me was totally rusted and had broken studs that were jammed in place. This weekend I'm tossing it in the trash.

Also just recently we saw some Honda guy named David Chu try to sell his free Hot Wheels ION here because he was too cheap to pay eBay fees. How many posts from this guy? Four. And they are all on this one thread.

Lastly SLeepr bought an SPS throttle body from somebody here and the TB was defective, causing SLeepr all sorts of grief (SES light, extensive troubleshooting, etc.). The guy only has 16 posts and all but one are in the classifieds section.

Beware!
How bad is the rust on the header? Got a pic? You maybe able to still use it. How much did you pay for it? You can get the studs cheaply.

85 GLH 367whp. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2261629#post2261629
00 Insight 72mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help amazinghl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:00 PM   #6
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Red Face

Quote:
Originally posted by amazinghl
How bad is the rust on the header? Got a pic? You maybe able to still use it. How much did you pay for it? You can get the studs cheaply.
The rust is only on the two flange areas. The tubular parts are brown. I'm sure that it will come off with sandpaper and steel wool.

I do have an image or two of it but my digital camera is more of a kid's toy than a camera. Hint: it was less than $50. I got it because I was tired of paying for film and prints of Play-Doh sculptures, the mailbox, and so on - so it really is a toy for my kids! Anyway, the image is so poor that the rust is hard to make out. The images are below...

I think I paid $30 for the header. It has been a while now. I sent the downpipe to SLeepr because it was in great shape, he was deperately trying to find one, and mine was just sitting around while I groaned. SLeepr had a header but was missing the downpipe.

Yes, I bought 9 studs and 9 nuts. The header needs 4 of each plus a gasket to connect to the downpipe and the other 5 of each plus another gasket to connect the header to the engine head. They were not that expensive, perhaps 50 cents per stud and 30 cents per nut.

A large Dremmel cut-off wheel might allow the bad studs to come out after the tops of the studs (by the tubes) are sheared off. Another option is to bring this header to a machine shop and have them drill out the studs. One option is time consuming and the other option will be costly, i.e. more than I paid for the darn header. So I sort of gave up and bought a second header/downpipe from BounceWithMe.

Here is my bad header...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:03 PM   #7
David 93 SL2m
Master Member

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Cool

And here are images of the header and downpipe that BounceWithMe sent to me and convinced me to give up on my bad header. He spray painted the two pieces silver between taking the two images...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-06-2003, 11:01 PM   #8
amazinghl
Master Member

It does look pretty bad...

here's my $23 junkyard header. the catalytic convertor was cut before i got there buy i got the header...

00 Insight 72mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #9
92sl24ya
92sl24ya is on a distinguished road

i just wanted to put my 2cent in .just because a person has few post dont mean that they are a bad person or tring to get over. i been these boards for over 3 years. i been racing saturn since 98. i dont post much cause most ppl dont respect what u have to say some time. i mostly talk direct to ppl and thats only a select few. i have gotten many parts from guys with few post , i havent gotten burnt yet(crossing my fingers). most ppl on these board dont know me or jeff peck. he hit 13 secs in his in 2001 before ppl where even talkin about 13 sec saturn that where driven daily. by the end of the summer his and my car will be in 12's but most want know because ppl might not believe. i know i went off the sub a bit. dont judge a person by post.i dont post and i got more knowledge about saturn then most of th ppl on these boards. peace and luvWill

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 92sl24ya's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 92sl24ya reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:01 PM   #10
amazinghl
Master Member

That's why I suggested, "Becareful, make sure you have info about this guy first BEFORE you send your $$$. "

00 Insight 72mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-08-2003, 08:32 PM   #11
Craig
Advanced Member
Craig is on a distinguished road

I just got a header from someone in Florida a few weeks ago; he emailed me pics of it and described it very well. It's in really good shape, and I'm sending it out to be Jet Hot coated before installing it in my '95 SW2. Broken studs are no big deal to fix in a flange. I fix stuff like that all the time by TIG welding on them to have some material to grab. Sometimes a little Liquid Wrench helps, too. Worst case, you can just drill it out and use a nut/bolt arrangement. Also, check out Totally Stainless, they have 304 ss 8mm x 20mm studs available, I'm using a set of those for my header.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Craig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Craig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:46 PM   #12
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by 92sl24ya
i just wanted to put my 2cent in .just because a person has few post dont mean that they are a bad person or tring to get over.........
That is all good, but, absent of e-bay's protections and feedback system, there is no way to verify the source or quality of the person selling. I echo the caveat from amazinghl anytime.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2003, 10:41 PM   #13
David 93 SL2m
Master Member

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig
I just got a header from someone in Florida a few weeks ago; he emailed me pics of it and described it very well. It's in really good shape, and I'm sending it out to be Jet Hot coated before installing it in my '95 SW2. Broken studs are no big deal to fix in a flange. I fix stuff like that all the time by TIG welding on them to have some material to grab. Sometimes a little Liquid Wrench helps, too. Worst case, you can just drill it out and use a nut/bolt arrangement. Also, check out Totally Stainless, they have 304 ss 8mm x 20mm studs available, I'm using a set of those for my header.
I don't weld and I don't have machine shop tools. Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, Dremmel, a nut splitter, vise grips, and a micro torch all failed to free my frozen/broken studs. As amazinghl pointed out, these headers can be found for as little as $23 so it isn't worth the effort to repair a header like mine. I gave up and it went in the trash yesterday evening. Monday it will be taken away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2003, 12:34 AM   #14
SLeepr
Master Member
SLeepr is on a distinguished road

True, we don't have Ebay's protection on this site. However, I do find that, overall, there tends to be a higher-quality of enthusiast on here (there are exceptions as David93SL2M pointed out). Ebay's gig isn't all that great either. As a seller, you have no protection for items that sell for $25 or less. So, if you send off your $25 and don't receive anything in the mail, you're out of luck.

Yes, caveat emptor.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLeepr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLeepr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-09-2003, 03:40 PM   #15
BlackBirdRacing
Advanced Member
BlackBirdRacing is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

i to have had second thoughts

sorry allmotor

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlackBirdRacing's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlackBirdRacing reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-09-2003, 04:01 PM   #16
David 93 SL2m
Master Member

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Actually $60 plus maybe $8 for shipping isn't bad for an IceMan intake with K&N filter. I like that air intake system and paid about $100 for mine when I bought it used. My HotShot air intake was also bought used and again it was even more, maybe $110. If I didn't have one I'd consider buying this IceMan!

BlackBirdRacing - if you are nervous and don't want to go through with it, just wait a few months and you'll find somebody else selling one because they totaled their S-Series and want to move on to something else. Or they are selling/trading their car and are selling off the performance parts.

I find it scary to send money to somebody I don't know across the country hoping that they will send my purchase to me. There are so many things that can go wrong and little we can do if things don't work out. But when it is somebody that I've corresponded with even indirectly through SaturnFans posts then I feel a bit more confident.

When I bought my used HotShot PayPal was just around the corner. I mailed a cashiers check to the seller (BobVue). Two weeks later the check hadn't arrived. The seller thought I was jerking him around and by the same token I thought he was jerking me around. Finally I had the bank do a stop payment on the cashiers check and I sent a second cashiers check. Sure enough they both arrived within a day or two of each other. The cancellation mark on the stamp proved I was telling the truth and for some reason the post office took about 3 weeks to deliver the envelope. The seller kept the second check and send the first one back to me with the HotShot. It all worked out but both of us (seller and buyer) were very nervous people for about 4 weeks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread