SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Events
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
kaptnjack
kaptnjack will become famous soon enoughkaptnjack will become famous soon enough

1995 SW2
1994 SL2
Default looking for a meet or cruise-in in Tennessee

Greetings....

Anybody know of any saturn specific meets or cruise-ins in or around Nashville?

We have a couple resto-mod 1st gens and would like to come out play and meet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kaptnjack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kaptnjack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kaptnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Re: looking for a meet or cruise-in in Tennessee

white95SL1 and I have tried to organize meets in Tennessee with little success since the closure of Spring Hill and the Welcome Center. It seems that was the only thing strong enough to draw the out-of-state folks and there weren't many in-state folks at all.

Keep an eye on this board though .. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Tail of the Dragon or Bristol meet happening this summer if the support can be gathered.

Seems like most of the meets happen in Ohio - we have really active SFers here for some reason.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
kaptnjack
kaptnjack will become famous soon enoughkaptnjack will become famous soon enough

1995 SW2
1994 SL2

Thanks spazie....nice to meet ya.

Tail of the dragon sounds fun too but a local club and a meet or two would be a blast.

We are just outside Nashville and look forward to any meets of any size...maybe something might be organized.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kaptnjack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
jegster
jegster is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Welcome to the board kaptnjack.

I don't know of any Saturn specific meets around Nashville. Most of the guys and girls I know up around there have moved on to other cars but we still get together every so often. Maybe once it starts to get warmer we'll have a few meets or cruise ins.

I'm down in Huntsville, AL and one of the more active Saturn members around the area. I hit up quite a few of the local and regional car shows and even plan on going to Slammin and Jammin in Lebanon, TN in May and also the Import Alliance meet at the Nashville Speedway in late July.

Jeff
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jegstersl2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jegster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jegster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

If you organize something in Nashville, I will probably be there, along with the member who bought my old car from me, who lives in Columbia. That would give you three members total.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
kaptnjack

1995 SW2
1994 SL2

appreciate the interest and nice to meet all y'all'........

We have explored in discussion about trying to organize a little something...there are few satty enthusiasts around here but we have yet to meet up.

I have a friend that has experience in organizing...he set up 60's - 70's muscle car group that still meets 10 years later. He has volunteered what he can.

You guys got any suggestions on what you would like to see and do at a meet?

A cruise-in and street show...maybe a little backroads run for fun....bigger meets could have a band and refreshments etc.

there is also a group nearby that organizes a "puzzle Rally". I have participated a few times and it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on if you love cars, games and driving.

It starts in the afternoon and open to all comers....a driver and navigator is the best strategy. Everyone is given sveral sheets of clues. Cars are marked with number plates and leave on the clock in intervals. You follow the clues, solve for answers using landmarks solving puzzles.....the correct answers reveal the correct navigation through a series of checkpoints that are timed.

TN state troopers usually help map and clock the times and speeds through the course before the event. The checkpoints determine your speed and accuracy through the course where points are added or subtracted based on timed/speed intervals between checkpoints.

It usually goes into the night where darkness reveals more clues late in the rally. Some years sponsors have provided prizes to winners like a set of tires, tune-ups, parts, carpet cleaning whatever for the top performers.

bring a friend, a cooler, map light , spot light, map/puzzle skills and be ready for for 4 or 5 hours of being lost, frustrated and thrilled.

Lots of possibilities with enough support and attendance.

Last edited by kaptnjack; 02-26-2009 at 12:01 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
MM96
MM96 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
2001 SC2

I live in middle tn and would be interested in a saturn meet. I live about 4 miles from the plant.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MM96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MM96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MM96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
kaptnjack

1995 SW2
1994 SL2

wazzup MM96?

Nice to hear from you.

Look forward to meeting you sometime. I am a regular visitor to this website and always looking for new folks to meet up with.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #9
MM96
MM96 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
2001 SC2

Alright cool, I dont anyone else with saturns though. Most people i know are honda people.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MM96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MM96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MM96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
southaeastpunk
southaeastpunk is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
2008 SKY Red Line

very old post
i'm not far from the plant either. a meet up would be cool some time.
i have access to get onsite, but they freak out about having too many vistors.

as far as i know the welcome center still has all the saturn stuff in it, and the first saturn SL that rolled off the line. i was just up there a month ago renewing my badge.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to southaeastpunk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help southaeastpunk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
southaeastpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
snakes
snakes has a spectacular aura aboutsnakes has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by southaeastpunk View Post
very old post
i'm not far from the plant either. a meet up would be cool some time.
i have access to get onsite, but they freak out about having too many vistors.

as far as i know the welcome center still has all the saturn stuff in it, and the first saturn SL that rolled off the line. i was just up there a month ago renewing my badge.
I wish we did have meet ups. that would be cool! nothing in NY.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snakes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snakes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snakes is offline   Reply With Quote