SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #1
Homerlasvegas
Homerlasvegas is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
Default 2003 Saturn Vue 2.2L Manaul P0300

Hello, I have a 2003 Saturn Vue 2.2L Manual. It was running great then the other day suddenly my low coolant light came on.. It still has coolant in the reserve tank. It ran ok for a few days then starting bucking and hesitating. Engine light starting flashing. Then it cleaned up.. Light went off. Drove it further .. it started again. It seems that when I get on the gas hard 1/2 to 3/4 it just wants to bog down. If i Go lighthly, it seems to run ok.

Ideas help? Where do I go.. The coolant is below the minimum fill line but still about 3 to 4 inches in the reserve tank.

Also, in diagnosing, noticed that the when I pulled off the oil fill cap I was getting quite a bit of blow through. I this normal? Help is greatly appreciated. This little Vue is my daily driver. I really need it running.

I also have p0440, and got one read of a p2019.

I do have the Torgue App. What other readings can help diagnose this issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Homerlasvegas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Homerlasvegas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Homerlasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
waiter21
Advanced Member
waiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to all

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2003 Saturn Vue 2.2L Manaul P0300

How many miles??

Any work performed on timing chain, tensioner? 2003 is a year where you may have an older Tensioner that could cause the chain to jump (not related to your current problem). If the chain jumps timing, it destroys the engine.

For the problem you described, my first thoughts are bad/dirty ground connections on the engine. Hers a link that may be of interest:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216101

My second thoughts are bad o-rings on the intake manifold and possibly a plugged PVC port. Scroll down about post #6

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=217319

2003 Vue - 2.2L with Manual Trans. (Swapped)
Originally had 2.2L and Auto trans.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to waiter21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help waiter21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I think you're Vue has several issues; allowing coolant to remain below minimum level (the reason for a low coolant light), possible misfiring generating a flashing check engine light that can destroy the catalytic converter if not addressed immediately, P0440 and P0219.

1.Refill the coolant reservoir with either plain water or antifreeze to the cold mark to ensure coolant is adequate. Allowing coolant to remain below minimum level is a risk. If there's a coolant leak and coolant never went low, this might be a hint of cooling system problems. Good cooling systems retain coolant levels without requiring periodic refilling.

2.The flashing check engine light (P0300) means a major misfiring event is occurring with one or more cylinders not igniting the fuel/air mixture. The unburned mixture exits the engine into the exhaust system. The catalytic converter is already hot and ignites the unburned fuel. If allowed to run this way, the catcon will simply burn out from excessive heat from unburned fuel. As little as 50 miles of driving with the flashing check engine will burn out the catcon.

When were spark plugs replaced? Air filter? Oil?

3.P0440 - https://www.obd-codes.com/p0440

4.P0219 - https://www.obd-codes.com/p2019

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
bluesl2
bluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of light

You may want to do a compression test. If coolant is going down with no external leaks either you have a head gasket leaking or maybe the water pump may be leaking. Pressure test the cooling system to see if the pressure drops.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bluesl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bluesl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bluesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote