SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #241
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC
Default Re: S-Series Swap Guide

Just came across this post, and I thought it would be useful to have that info here.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141267

Window motor regulator

". . . what if i bought the whole regulator with the motor... car-part.com shows that 92 is compatible, . . ."

Low Saturn replied:

"1991-1992 SC, 1993-1996 SC1 and SC2.
And 96-02 motors are the same for sedans and wagons. Coupes didnt start using that motor until 97."

1992 SC - TwinCam (Automagic)
Bought it brand new, and still loving it today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StarLady's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StarLady reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StarLady is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #242
StarLady
Advanced Member
StarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really niceStarLady is just really nice

1992 SC

Oops. Double post.

Last edited by StarLady; 04-21-2013 at 02:40 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help StarLady reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #243
StarLady
Advanced Member

1992 SC

I'm not very clear about which years will be okay for my '92 SC on these items:

Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP)
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS)
Ignition Control Module (ICM)
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Solenoid
Carbon Canister Purge (CCP) Solenoid

Could someone please clarify? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #244
avanwest
avanwest is on a distinguished road

What years are side mirrors interchangeable?

I have a 98 SL2. Would a mirror from a 2000 SL1 work?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to avanwest's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help avanwest reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
avanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #245
Nicktheviperman
Advanced Member
Nicktheviperman is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

so is the 2002 sc and 2002 sl have the same rear windshield????

hmmmmmmmmm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nicktheviperman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nicktheviperman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nicktheviperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #246
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL

Anyone know what year the seats, front and rear are interchangeable? Possibly looking to exchange all seats in my 97 SL if I can find excellent exchange at Pick and Pull. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JerryHughes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JerryHughes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JerryHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #247
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
What years are side mirrors interchangeable?
I have a 98 SL2. Would a mirror from a 2000 SL1 work?
No, mirrors will swap only in the same body style. For sedans/wagons:

91-95 swap mirrors, doors, hoods, fenders, etc
96-99 swap
00-02 swap

For coupes, they're one year behind:
92-96 swap mirrors, doors, hoods, fenders, etc
97-00 swap
01-02 swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes
Anyone know what year the seats, front and rear are interchangeable?
All S-series front seats swap; year and body style (coupe, sedan, wagon) doesn't matter. if you get a front seat with the automatic seatbelt, you may need to swap over the seat belt receiver from your current seats. Seats from teh DOHC cars (SC2, SL2, SW2) are considered genearally better than SOHC car seats - more cushion, height adjustment, driver lumbar adjustable support, adjustable headrests.

I believe all rear seats will swap, though you may need to also pull the bottom attachment piece if you are putting a first gen bottom for your second gen car. There will be slight differences in seat back height, and I don't think you can use wagon seatbacks in anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn
The way the rear seat bottom attaches to the floor is different in 1991-1994 than 1995-2002. 1996-2002 seat backs are also taller.
You can actually put back seats from a coupe into a sedan (you get center cupholders but lose the center seat) and vice versa.

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #248
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
No, mirrors will swap only in the same body style. For sedans/wagons:

91-95 swap mirrors, doors, hoods, fenders, etc
96-99 swap
00-02 swap

For coupes, they're one year behind:
92-96 swap mirrors, doors, hoods, fenders, etc
97-00 swap
01-02 swap
All S-series front seats swap; year and body style (coupe, sedan, wagon) doesn't matter. if you get a front seat with the automatic seatbelt, you may need to swap over the seat belt receiver from your current seats. Seats from teh DOHC cars (SC2, SL2, SW2) are considered genearally better than SOHC car seats - more cushion, height adjustment, driver lumbar adjustable support, adjustable headrests.

I believe all rear seats will swap, though you may need to also pull the bottom attachment piece if you are putting a first gen bottom for your second gen car. There will be slight differences in seat back height, and I don't think you can use wagon seatbacks in anything else.

You can actually put back seats from a coupe into a sedan (you get center cupholders but lose the center seat) and vice versa.
Thank you very much! I'm pretty much open then, from finding seats all the up to a 2002 for my 97. Wish I could be picky and wait for a more comfortable seat but the more I go to my local pic and pulls, the less Saturns I see on the lots! If I see all three seats that are in much better condition than mine with some black and tan in them, I'll grab them. Sale coming at the end of the month here so I'll go scout them out soon. Thanks again for the info, alordofchaos!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JerryHughes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JerryHughes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JerryHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #249
soggy35
soggy35 is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm new here and have searched in vain for my specific question. I've read up a lot on which components are interchangeable, but this is regarding a complete engine swap.

First, the situation...I've got a '00 SC2 5 speed with a bad engine knock. Engine has 225K miles on it and it's started burning significant amounts of oil. Both interior and exterior are in fairly good shape. I also have a '97 SC2 5 speed. Engine has 138K miles on it and seems to be in pretty good shape except for a minor oil leak (not burning oil through the piston rings). Exterior has major flaking of the clear coat. Interior looks like it was a rough 138K miles (cracks in the vinyl, headliner is beat up, seat seams are coming apart, etc).

So, my question...what would I need to consider in a decision to swap the motors? I know that the exhaust manifold went from 5 to 9 bolts...but, I've got the 5 bolt exhaust manifold already. What other parts would need to follow the '97 engine into the '00 body? I'd also like to end up with a semi-running '97 to sell so part of the consideration is getting the '00 engine into the '97 body. Also, should I consider changing the transmissions in the process (as far as I can tell there are some differences but they'd both work).

Thanks in advance for any insight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to soggy35's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help soggy35 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
soggy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #250
perryp
perryp is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
1997 SL2

on SL2 body styles what years are the same, for body part changes. Like what doors will fit lets say 1999 sl2 from what years?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to perryp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help perryp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
perryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #251
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

For the engine, '97->'00, you need the exhaust parts from the engine to the catalytic converter as well as the intake. Possibly the EVAP solenoid as well. With both engine's next to each other, swap everything under the intake that looks different and take out a pair of intake manifold studs from the "bad" engine to replace the starter bolts with, best mod ever!

A '99 is 2nd gen, doors will swap '96-'99 for sure, from any 4dr (sedan or wagon). I dunno what's different structure wise for '00-'02 but I'd assume it won't swap.
To the ones that claim the doors are hard to swap, I did my '96 SC2's passenger door MYSELF (no help) in under 3hrs (including replacing the front fender...stupid deer) with no custom bending required. I had thought it was misaligned a bit because it was hard to open but the more I work the latch the better it gets (door was outside/open for the longest time).

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #252
vikasevan
vikasevan has a spectacular aura aboutvikasevan has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL2
2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
I can't claim responsibility for this, as many of you will immediately recognize it. There have been lots of questions about engine swaps, and compatibility, and since the self-destruction of turbosaturns.net no one has a place to get many of the answers they need. So, in slightly shortened form, I present to you:

S-Series Swap Guide
Updated 3-06-06

Please be aware that this guide is a work in progress. The information contained within this swap guide is believed to be correct but be aware that errors maybe present.

Swap Guide

We have 98 saturn sc2 and we want to swap pcm just because our pcm does not have cruise enabled so what is the what years of s-series are compatible with ours...so I can find same car in junkyard which ones have cruise already in it...

Intake manifolds and fuel delivery:
91-94 Intake manifolds interchange.
95-98 Intake manifolds interchange.
99-2k Intake manifolds interchange.

91-94 Throttle bodies interchange.
95-98 Throttle bodies interchange.
99-2k Throttle bodies interchange.

91-94 Fuel rails and injectors interchange.
95-97 Fuel rails interchange however the injectors from 95 and earlier years will not work correctly in the 96-97 years. The injectors are the same size they are just of different impedance.

91-94 fuel pressure regulators where non-adjustable.
95-97 fuel pressure regulators where adjustable.

91-94 aluminum fuel rails will not fit 95-97 intake manifolds due to the bolt pattern and fuel lines being plastic.
95-97 plastic fuel rails w/adjustable fuel pressure regulators will not fit the 91-94 intake manifolds due to the bolt pattern and fuel lines being metal.

Also, the ports on the 93-94 are much cleaner than 91-92, though the 92 seemed to have a wider opening on the mouth of the intake ports. The 95 mics out close to the 93-94, though it is reshaped with a shallower curve leading down to the valve surface. The combustion chambers up to 94 are all identical.

Throttle Bodies:
95 AND 96-98 TBís are not interchangeable

95 is different than the rest, however the intake manifold is interchangeable.

Injectors:
91-95 injectors are peak and hold or also known as low impedance.
96-02 are called saturated injectors or also known as high impedance.

set multi-meter to measure resistance.
2-4(ohms) low impedance
4-10(ohms) weird injectors. pretty much only found on old Porsches.
10-14(ohms) high impedance

Cam covers:
The earlier cam covers seal better, as they have more bolts holding them down.

Camshaft Specifications:
*not indicative of all years (1991-1998) but close....*

Int. Centerline 107.25*
Exh. Centerline 107.5*

@.050 specs

Int. Opens -7.5 BTDC Int. closes 27.5 ABDC
Duration @.050 200*

Exh. opens 24.5 BBDC Exh. closes -12 ATDC
Duration @.050 192.5*

@.006 specs

Int. Opens 7 BTDC Int. closes 51 ABDC
Duration @.006 238*

Exh. opens 39 BBDC Exh. closes 7 ATDC
Duration @.006 226*

Heads:
The '91 DOHC head is a freakshow-leave it alone.
91-94 Heads interchange. (compatible with any year block.)
95-98 Gen2 heads - Linear EGR valve, otherwise compatible with 91-94 heads. Compatible with any year block.
99+ Gen3 Heads are NOT compatible with older heads. Completely redesigned. Compatible with any year block.
2000 (or 1999?) - 2002 Have the roller-rocker design with the small ports.

95 Heads do not interchange with any other year correctly. While yes all the heads up to 99 will interchange physically they will not have proper electronics and egr connections. The 95 head is the first year of the electronic egr valve. And the head has two coolant temp sensors. Now the 91-94 had a vacuum controlled egr valve and also had two coolant temp sensors. The egr mount is completely different between the vacuum and the electronic. Now the 96+ heads also came with the electronic egr valve but they only had one coolant temp sensor due to the fact that 96+ years went to the obd II pcm and only called for one coolant temp sensor.

'91-'94 heads can be adapted to later year engines and use the new style EGR valve if you get the adapter from Saturn that was used on 1994 DOHC cars sold in California, Part#21006753

You can use a '95 DOHC head all the way up to '98 all you have to do is buy one extra temp sender and screw it in the "spare" hole. Alternately, you can install the sender from an Autometer electric coolant temp gauge-it's a direct fit.

Valves:
91-94 Valves; Flatfaced. Compatible with 91-98 cylinder heads.

95-98 Valves; Dished. Compatible with 91-98 cylinder heads.

91-93 had flat faced valves.
94+ had dished valves.
Now what difference does it make? The 91-93 can be used to raise the compression slightly on the 94+ model years. While the 94+ valves can be used on 91-93 years to lower compression slightly.

Exhaust manifold:
91-92 OEM header is interchangeable for 93-98 DOHC Saturn engines

SOHC are all the same
DOHC switches from 5 to 9 bolt some year 1999?
1992 OEM Header can be used on 1991-199x model DOHCs (the year before they switch to the new bolt pattern).

Oxygen Sensor Bungs:
1991-1993 Smaller Bung = o2 Sensors/Bungs interswappable between these years but not interswappable w/ newer ones
1994-2002 Larger Bung = o2 Sensors/Bungs interswappable between these years but not interswappable with older ones

Blocks:
91-02 blocks are compatible with all years

*1991 - 1993 (midway through '93) blocks contain an oil feed restrictor (looks like a freeze plug with a hole in it) present in the right front oil galley beneath the deck. This should be removed to prevent oil starvation to the head, as the newer headgaskets function as the restrictor.

91-99 blocks interchange externally. Now internally itís a different ball game. The 91-92 had a crank all on its own that will not function correctly in the 93-99 years due to the positioning of the crank position sensor reluctor ring notches. 93-99 cranks are interchangable
'92 to '02 blocks are totally interchangeable. The '00 and up blocks are stronger and all the accessories from previous years fit. Also, the internals from previous years will fit in the '00 and up blocks.

There were 2 dipstick tubes used, not entirely sure when they changed, but 91-92 I know for sure had a dipstick tube that positioned itself away from the block, and I know that my 99 & 2000 have a dipstick tube that hugs the block. The actual dipsticks are the same length so you can use either tube to move the dipstick out of the way of the turbo, or supercharger.

Some people are strengthening their bottom ends by using a 2000+ block girdle. Here's all the parts you need to put a Tie Plate(girdle) on a Pre 2000 Block.

Tie Plate # 21008490
10 Main Bolts #21008491
10 Tie Plate Inserts #21008492
10 Washers #21015091
10 Nuts #11516879
Pick up tube #21008572
Oil Pan #21015428

Also the Tie Plate inserts require a special socket SPX#J44057

Rods:
1991 - 1998 Rods are the same.
1999 - 2002 Rods are the same.
1999 - 2002 Rods are longer than the 91-98 rods, and have to be used with the 99-02 pistons which have the wrist pin moved up.

The 99-02 rods are 5.863" long vs 5.712" for the 91-98 rods.

Crankshafts:
91-92 Crankshafts only work with 91-92 PCM's. Avoid at all costs.

93-98 Crankshafts are essentially identical; compatible with any year block.

99-02 Crankshafts were redesigned; heavier. Compatible with any year block.

Pistons:
So 91-93 Pistons + 94-99 valves equal lower compression.
94-99 Pistons with 91-93 vales equal higher compression.
Now with these compression changes they are slight not drastic. It is about a 2-2.5 point change in compression. So do not expect huge gains.

The 91-93 model years came with the lower compression piston than the later years. The way they maintained the 9:5:1 compression was using the flat faced valves. The 91-93 pistons also came with thicker ring lands which is a plus. Now the 94+ years came with a higher compression piston but it also came with thinner ring lands which is not good. The way they maintained the 9:5:1 compression was by using the dished valves to lower the compression down to its 9:5:1 state.

91-94 Pistons; Slight dish, thickest dome of all years. (Yields 9.5:1 compression with 91-94 flatfaced valves) Compatible with 91-98 rods.

ECU/Harness:
1991-1999 = Manufactured by Delco
2000-2002 = Manufactured by Motorolla
1991-1995 = OBD1
1996-2002 = OBD2

91-92 PCMs are grouped together. The wiring harness for them is slightly different (two wire type oil presssure unit). If using a 93+ block the oil pressure unit must be changed in order for the harness to hook-up.
93-94 PCMs are grouped together.
95 PCMs are year specific.
Years after this, I'm not sure.

To be continued...
We have 1998 saturn sc2 and we want to swap pcm instead paying dealer to enable cruise control in our car's pcm ....pcm part no. is our car is 21008767 / 21023808 ....so which year and which model have same pcm so I can go to junkyard ...find those cars which has cruise control enabled and just swap...

also after swap is there any thing else I need to do like flashing or reprogramming?

I am doing this swap just because my pcm does not have cruise enabled, nothing else.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vikasevan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vikasevan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vikasevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #253
muskie
muskie is on a distinguished road

I didn't read through all 11 pages of this forum, so if this question has been asked already I apologize for asking again.

Can I put a SL1 motor in a 2002 SL2 car? SL1 motors for me are a dime a dozen and it seems SL2 are like gold around here.

Thanks for your help

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to muskie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help muskie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #254
sallydriver
sallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to all

1999 SL2
1993 SW2

OP, mind if I post this on my website?

1998 Red SL 5spd "The Right Honorable Duke Farnsworth the Functional of Clearfield":165,000 miles
1999 Forest Green SL2 5spd "Sally": 307,100+ miles
1993 White SW2 5spd "Steve": 234,984 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sallydriver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sallydriver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sallydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #255
jhonky
jhonky is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

any cool gen 2 cluster swaps? only good stuff i saw was for gen 3

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"
I burn about a quart about every 1500 miles.

If it ain't broke, fix it some more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jhonky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #256
Yansoma
Yansoma is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

Not sure where precisely to start but I currently drive a 2002 SC2 (Yellow) which recently received some body damage. The hood, driver side fender, front bumper, and driver side headlight will need to be replaced if not repaired. I've gone about gathering basically all the parts I need (luckily I was able to fix the bumper; the total for the rest excluding paint has come to about $170 including shipping). I have them all sitting in an online shopping cart because I had read most 97-2002 parts are swappable. In the last day though a person locally has put up a 99 SC2 (Red) with a bad engine but almost flawless exterior up for sale at $350.00. I am not entirely clear on how compatible the body panels, etc are to the frame of my car, which I am less than enthusiastic about painting. Can someone provide me with a little guidance as to what would be the best possible solution. The idea of having another car to salvage various parts from seems like it could be relatively useful in the future. Thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yansoma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yansoma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Yansoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #257
john92saturn
john92saturn has a spectacular aura aboutjohn92saturn has a spectacular aura aboutjohn92saturn has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2000 SL2

Hello
Can a 2000 SL1 motor swap complete into a 1998 SL1?
Thank you,
John

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john92saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john92saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john92saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #258
Helimech
Helimech is on a distinguished road

Not sure if I posted this correctly, but here it is.
I have a 1995 SC1/Auto with a blown transmission. I also have a 96 SL2/Auto that runs and shifts perfectly, but the frame is badly rusted on the left rear. There is a huge hole where the trailing arm mounts. I don't think there's enough material remaining to even weld in a patch. Can I swap the entire drivetrain out of the 96 SL2 into the 95 SC1? Is it possible to do the swap by dropping the entire front cradle out of the 96SL2 and install it in the 95SC1?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Helimech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Helimech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Helimech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #259
MacExperts
MacExperts is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2
1999 SW2
Default Re: S-Series Swap Guide STARTERS?

hi, does anyone know if you can swap a gen1 92 sl2 starter with a gen2 99 sw2? the store listings for parts are not the same - i see some changes on the flywheel listed around 99 earlier in the thread - any ideas?

i think i have a gen 1 starter around if it will work in the 99 gen 2
i'll skip buying a new starter - thanks in advance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MacExperts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MacExperts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MacExperts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #260
SC2Sick
Advanced Member
SC2Sick will become famous soon enough

1997 SC2
1995 SW2

I've never paid attention to starters, I've always swapped them around without a second thought. If you have one I'd just give it a go first see if fits/works/whatever. Worst case go buy one.

sixthsphere.com owner
1997 Saturn SC2 Turbo
sixthsphere.com/showthread.php/89737

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2Sick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2Sick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2Sick is offline   Reply With Quote