SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
Troubled Saturn
Troubled Saturn is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Dizzy No tail lights, dash lights, auto headlights but have brake lights

I had an idiot change my timing chain because one of the guides broke. Well, it still wouldn't start so he removed all my fuses to "try to reset the computer". Long story short I ended up having it towed to a shop and as a result of this idiot not setting the timing before trying to start the car, I needed a new motor. So, got the motor swapped, now I don't have any tail lights, auto head lights, reverse lights, but I have break lights. I have checked all fuses and bulbs, all seem ok. When I got my car back, the first idiot had some parts in my backseat and the shop didn't mess with them. I found a black wire (ground wire?). Any idea where it would go? Could this be why I don't have lights?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14509027071521598548574.jpg (67.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20151223_143105.jpg (63.6 KB, 5 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Troubled Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Troubled Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Troubled Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
abanerus
abanerus has a spectacular aura aboutabanerus has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default Re: No tail lights, dash lights, auto headlights but have brake lights

We could give you advice based on our hunch but clearly this is serious & you don't want to mess with your electrical system. Take it back to the shop that replaced your engine & insist that they put everything back together, test & then deliver a safe car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to abanerus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help abanerus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
abanerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: No tail lights, dash lights, auto headlights but have brake lights

And that wire most likely isn't factory. If it's solid copper (not stranded) wire, it won't last as car wiring. Stranded wire harnesses allows a certain amount of flexing throughout its lifetime. Solid copper wire isn't as flexible and will break from metal fatigue sooner or later. It may have been used as fish wire....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote