SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
MJD1001
MJD1001 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: outlook prices announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSatrun
Okay....I go to Chevy's site and a fully loaded Tahoe is over $53k. Seems pretty darn rich to me! Is that what everyone is going to shop an Outlook against? Did everyone plan on buying a fully loaded AWD Outlook with HID headlamps, Navigation and DVD, dual sunroof, etc?

I'd get an XR FWD, add in leather and advanced audio, and I've got a very nice vehicle for $32,370. It's certainly better than a loaded Relay 3 at $31k, especially when I look at all the equipment/options included at this price. Not far from a Pilot EX-L at $31,945 - and I sure as heck think the Outlook looks better than that vehicle. I've seen the inside in person, and it really makes the Pilot seem utilitarian.

Now...what do I get in my Outlook the Pilot doesn't have....
18" wheels vs. the puny 16" on the Honda
A real rear HVAC system
OnStar
Rear Seat Audio
Actual legroom for the third row, and some useful storage behind the 3rd row.

I'm sure I'm missing more that I'll find once I get an Outlook brochure in hand (or the website gets all the specs).

Heck, a loaded Ford Explorer is $43k! Of course they have to put tons of money on them these days.
Another very good point. I don't know how many people I have hears (on these forums or in real life at work when talking about the Outlook) that in the past few day said something like "$43k for a fully loaded outlook?!?! I can get a Tahoe for not much more than that". The problem with that logic is as you stated, they are comparing a fully loaded outlook to a entry level (or just above entry level) Tahoe.

Compare them side to side...a comparably equipped Outlook to a Tahoe...and the Outlook should be $5,000 - $10,000 less (plus get better mileage, and based on the underpinnings, possibly a more refined and smoother ride).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MJD1001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MJD1001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MJD1001 is offline   Reply With Quote