SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #1
alucard1589
alucard1589 is on a distinguished road

Default Scosche wiring harness

Hi, I'm sorry I opened this thread but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything that helped me, I just bought a JVC stereo for my 03 Ion 1, and I was going to start soldering the cables from the wiring harness to the one from the JVC, but found out that the scosche wiring harness has 3 red cables all labeled ignition/switched, they are at the a2, b4 and b6 locations, I tried looking for a wiring diagram and non of the ones I found mention any of the b's being for ignition so now I'm confused as how to wired the whole thing up, I would really appreciate any help

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alucard1589's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alucard1589 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alucard1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
Afrckenway
Afrckenway is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Scosche wiring harness

I was having the same issue when I got my wiring harness. The two orange (illumination) wires aren't used iirc. The easiest way to wire the harness will be doing your green and purple wires (the front or rear set) and then your white and grey (second speaker set)
Then wire accessory on (yellow) ground (black) and power (red) and test. If everything works properly you can solder. The unused wires should be covered so you don't ground out and blow a fuse like I did lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Afrckenway's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Afrckenway reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Afrckenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
alucard1589
alucard1589 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, but I think I'll save me the trouble and just take it to an audio shop for an installation

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alucard1589's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alucard1589 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alucard1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #4
Seņor Ramos
Seņor Ramos is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan

I just got a 2003 Ion 1 and tomorrow my Scosche harness arrives in the mail for the JVC unit I bought. I wonder...why can't I just take the "harness" that's already on the outside of the stock radio and wire that up to the new radio's harness?

1998 Saturn SL1, dark green. His name is Mean Joe Green, and he will rock you. R.I.P.
2003 Saturn Ion 1, silver. His name is Tom Landry, and he's here to stay.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Seņor Ramos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Seņor Ramos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Seņor Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Ramos View Post
I just got a 2003 Ion 1 and tomorrow my Scosche harness arrives in the mail for the JVC unit I bought. I wonder...why can't I just take the "harness" that's already on the outside of the stock radio and wire that up to the new radio's harness?
You could do that. The only issue you'll encounter is that not all of the wire colors will match the aftermarket radio. The speaker leads use the standard color scheme, but the power wires do not. The harness on the stock radio that you're referring to is omitted from all wiring diagrams. You'd need to do some testing using a multimeter to figure out which wires are used for constant power and switched power.

Double check to make sure you are getting the correct harness. Some online sources incorrectly specify a harness which is meant to be used with many other GM cars, but doesn't work with Saturns. The correct Scosche harness is GM04B.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 179K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 190K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #6
Seņor Ramos

2003 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruley73 View Post
You could do that. The only issue you'll encounter is that not all of the wire colors will match the aftermarket radio. The speaker leads use the standard color scheme, but the power wires do not. The harness on the stock radio that you're referring to is omitted from all wiring diagrams. You'd need to do some testing using a multimeter to figure out which wires are used for constant power and switched power.

Double check to make sure you are getting the correct harness. Some online sources incorrectly specify a harness which is meant to be used with many other GM cars, but doesn't work with Saturns. The correct Scosche harness is GM04B.
Thanks. GM04B is the one I bought thanks to the info I found on this site. After I try that out I'm heading back in here if I have any other questions.

1998 Saturn SL1, dark green. His name is Mean Joe Green, and he will rock you. R.I.P.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Seņor Ramos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #7
Seņor Ramos

2003 ION-1 Sedan

So I need a hand...should I be concerned that there are 2 orange wires (well, orange and orange/white) on the Scosche harness but only an orange/white wire on the JVC harness?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-09-2017, 04:34 AM   #8
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Ramos View Post
So I need a hand...should I be concerned that there are 2 orange wires (well, orange and orange/white) on the Scosche harness but only an orange/white wire on the JVC harness?
No, this is normal. Just match colors when hooking things up and everything should work fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:25 PM   #9
Mgarbers
Mgarbers is on a distinguished road

I am a brand new member to this forum and I need some help I bought a small "tv" touch screen deck to go in my 01 sc2 and I bought the gm04b harness off Amazon and when I hooked it up it won't work I blew a fuse and fixed that but my deck still won't turn on please tell 're someone can help me with this

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mgarbers's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mgarbers reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mgarbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:24 AM   #10
ruley73
Master Member

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgarbers View Post
I am a brand new member to this forum and I need some help I bought a small "tv" touch screen deck to go in my 01 sc2 and I bought the gm04b harness off Amazon and when I hooked it up it won't work I blew a fuse and fixed that but my deck still won't turn on please tell 're someone can help me with this
That is the correct harness for your car. Without knowing anything else, I could only recommend double checking your connections. Which fuse was blown?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #11
Mgarbers
Mgarbers is on a distinguished road

It was on my fuse panel that was on the passenger side by there left leg and if your looking at the panel it was on the bottom right there is a roll of two at the very bottom then a roll of three fuses right above that and it was the fuse that was all the way on the right

. . .
. . it was in rows like these dots it was the top right it was a mini 10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mgarbers's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mgarbers reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mgarbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #12
ruley73
Master Member

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgarbers View Post
It was on my fuse panel that was on the passenger side by there left leg and if your looking at the panel it was on the bottom right there is a roll of two at the very bottom then a roll of three fuses right above that and it was the fuse that was all the way on the right

. . .
. . it was in rows like these dots it was the top right it was a mini 10
In a 2001 SC2 that is the RADIO (BAT1) fuse (10A). Again, double check your connections. That harness is meant for use in multiple Saturn models which use slightly different connections.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!