SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
Shadow_Fearless
Shadow_Fearless is on a distinguished road

Cool Few problems with my '06 Ion

I've ran into an accident in my '06 Satty Ion and there's a couple things I'm gonna have to fix such as the drivers side air bag in the steering wheel.

I've got a used airbag off one in the junkyard, but I'm not sure if I could get a used module or if I should just have my own reset from the crash data. A used module at the junkyard costs $20.00. I still have to check with my local dealer on how much it is to reset the module.

I've also had some confusion on where to find the module. I've heard it's underneath the seat. But I've looked and I'm not for sure, because there's also something underneath the passenger's seat.

Also, do I need to get my vehicle's computer reset as well?

Another problem is, I'm gonna have to replace the fender and some things are scratched already, such as my doors and my bumpers from when I bought the vehicle. My front bumper has clear coat issues along with my hood. To get to the point, I'm possibly just going to repaint the whole car. I don't want to repaint it myself though.

I'm looking into the 300$ Maaco paint job. I've heard good and bad things, but I'm really considering it, as I don't plan to keep my car forever. Should I prep it myself before bringing it to Maaco or will they prep it for me?

If anyone is from my area, Cincinnati/Dayton, OH, do you have any recommendations for shops to go to where I can get a decent cheap paint job? I don't really care about inside the door frames/under the hood and trunk/engine bay.

Thanks, guys, appreciate the help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Shadow_Fearless's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Shadow_Fearless reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Shadow_Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Few problems with my '06 Ion

I understand wanting to have an economical paint job done on your car and have no disagreement with that. As a comment on using Maaco for having the car repainted, I fear you will be spending good money after bad service regardless of the low cost paint job. Neither your money, nor mine, comes to us cheaply. We work hard for it. Therefore great care should be taken in choosing a low cost paint job from any paint and body shop business. Take a look a the link regarding Maaco's service.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/maaco.html

It is true that more people are likely to post negative comments about their bad experiences with a business compared to those who are satisfied. Satisfied customers are generally happy and go their own way without commenting on the good work done because that is the expectation from any business - that it will be done right. However, the common negative issues regarding customer service, paint job quality and durability, poor preparation, and the messes left behind on the interiors by unclean employees would lead me to be extremely cautious about taking my vehicle for any work with Maaco.

If you should take your car to Maaco and agree to have them do work for you then be sure to take a complete photographic record of your vehicle's condition, inside and out (don't miss anything!), prior to the start of repairs. Your're going to need this documentation if they give you any flack as to why things aren't right with your vehicle after you pick it up.

298,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote