SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2017, 12:27 AM   #1
SaturnAngel
SaturnAngel is on a distinguished road

Default Ion or Astra?

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here.
First of all, I have loved each one of my 3 Saturns!
I have to pick between buying an 08 Astra XE or an 07 Ion 3 Coupe, and I canít decide. Any and all advice would be great appreciated.
I used to own a 03 Ion Coupe and Loved it. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove an Astra the other day.
Iíve owned a 94 SL2, 02 SC2, and a 03 Ion. All were excellent cars, fun to drive, and low maintenance.
Any help please?
Thank You All in Advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnAngel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnAngel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Ion or Astra?

The 1.8 in the Astra will need more maintenance: timing belt as opposed to chain. More frequent adjustments and spark plug intervals.

1.8 used in the Chevy Cruze.

Parts availability may be sketchy for the Astra, unless you order from Europe, especially body and interior bits.

The ION shares a lot with the Cobalt and Pontiac G5: easy and cheap to service as you know with your 04 ION.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote