SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
sunami
sunami is on a distinguished road

Default Funny story about today w/ my aura

i just got an aura on Saturday and I drove a lot that week so today(thursday) i went to get gas and after i parked the car next to the pump i couldn't find the button that opens the fuel door. I looked around for about ten minutes before I got out and looked at the exterior for it. when i couldn't find it i punched the fuel door in anger and it opened! i thought i broke it at first but then i realized you were supposed to push it. i wish the salesperson told me that before i bought it lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sunami's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sunami reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sunami is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
Jeffbx
Jeffbx is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Funny story about today w/ my aura

Hahahaa! Don't feel bad I did almost exactly the same thing, but I ended up getting out the owner's manual & looking it up there at the gas station. I felt like an idiot...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeffbx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeffbx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jeffbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
bgates2b
bgates2b is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
1994 SL2

LOL, I forgot how I found out about that, probably the owners manual as well.

August will be a year I have the XR and I still find myself pulling up to the wrong side of the pump

"Congratulations on your brand new 2007 Acura" - Tenisha, the On*Star rep that handled my call during the Aura's delivery

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bgates2b's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bgates2b reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bgates2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Luckily my wife filled mine for the first time, so I was spared looking like an idiot... this time.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
TexJer78
TexJer78 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

I did the exact same thing. I had to look it up in the owners manual as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TexJer78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TexJer78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TexJer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

Wait!! Do my eyes deceive me? Some one actually READ the manual. Stop the presses! It's the end of the world.

Just kidding - Believe it or not, I've been known to read a new car manual from cover to cover. Must be my aviation background.

I wish more people would read them. There is a lot of good info there.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
sunami
sunami is on a distinguished road

i had a manual in my glove compartment but i didn't feel like reading it because im impatient and i didn't wanna look like an idiot reading a book at the pump

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sunami's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sunami reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
Harry-L
Harry-L is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2003 VUE 2.2L

When I first looked at Auras in the lot I thought, about time Saturn put a lock on the fuel door that you open from the inside. I was VERY surprised when the sales lady showed us you had to push it in.

This was one of my beefs about GM cost cutting. Even my old GEO Prizm had a locking fuel door

I can see ya out there getting pissed

2000 SC Coupe ('99 - '02)
2002 LS200 ('02 - current)
2003 VUE 2.2L ('02 - current)
2007 Aura XR ('07 - current)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harry-L's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harry-L reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harry-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
yankeeguybd
yankeeguybd is on a distinguished road

Happy Re: Funny story about today w/ my aura

In New Jersey, we don't pump our own gas (its a state law), so I never had to worry about opening the gas door. But yesterday I drove out to Yale University in Connecticut and was forced to pump my own gas. However, I forgot to screw on the cap and close the gas door and I heard tapping on my car and had to pull over to close it up!

It was awesome cruising over the awesome George Washington Bridge in New York to get to Connecticut in my new Aura! It drives like a dream.

BTW, did anyone notice the FRONT PAGE advertisement showing the Aura on yesterday's Wall Street Journal? They displayed a black one similar to mine!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yankeeguybd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yankeeguybd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yankeeguybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #10
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Haha, I did that in a Corvette. Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to open the fuel door.

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #11
MJD112379
MJD112379 is on a distinguished road

I opted for the locking gas cap option. 45 bucks! What a ripoff. And with the locking cap you lose the tether that holds it to the car. Oh well, at least it LOOKS like a power fuel door from the outside. Ha. Most other GM cars don't have power fuel doors anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-L View Post
When I first looked at Auras in the lot I thought, about time Saturn put a lock on the fuel door that you open from the inside. I was VERY surprised when the sales lady showed us you had to push it in.

This was one of my beefs about GM cost cutting. Even my old GEO Prizm had a locking fuel door

I can see ya out there getting pissed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MJD112379's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MJD112379 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MJD112379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #12
Harry-L
Harry-L is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeguybd View Post
In New Jersey, we don't pump our own gas (its a state law), so I never had to worry about opening the gas door. But yesterday I drove out to Yale University in Connecticut and was forced to pump my own gas. However, I forgot to screw on the cap and close the gas door and I heard tapping on my car and had to pull over to close it up!

It was awesome cruising over the awesome George Washington Bridge in New York to get to Connecticut in my new Aura! It drives like a dream.

BTW, did anyone notice the FRONT PAGE advertisement showing the Aura on yesterday's Wall Street Journal? They displayed a black one similar to mine!
I saw the ad also

I didn't know that about NJ. I can't remember what decade it was when I last used full service
I prefer DIY anyway since I always pay at the pump.

2000 SC Coupe ('99 - '02)
2002 LS200 ('02 - current)
2003 VUE 2.2L ('02 - current)
2007 Aura XR ('07 - current)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harry-L's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harry-L reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harry-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:58 PM   #13
MJD112379
MJD112379 is on a distinguished road

I believe Oregon is the same way as well.

Quote:
I saw the ad also

I didn't know that about NJ. I can't remember what decade it was when I last used full service

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MJD112379's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MJD112379 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MJD112379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #14
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Yankeeguybd;

That's odd....I always thought the G.W Bridge was between NJ and NY.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #15
yankeeguybd
yankeeguybd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I saw the ad also

I pay at the pump too, I just hand the attendant my card and he does all the work. Its great not having to handle those dirty pump handles when your next stop is lunch on the run! BTW, the price of gas in NJ is among the lowest in the nation, even though we don't pump our own gas.

The George Washington Bridge IS between New York and New Jersey, its the fastest way to get from NJ to Yale in Connecticut when it's not the rush hour.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yankeeguybd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yankeeguybd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yankeeguybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #16
rktek
rktek is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJD112379 View Post
I opted for the locking gas cap option. 45 bucks! What a ripoff. And with the locking cap you lose the tether that holds it to the car. Oh well, at least it LOOKS like a power fuel door from the outside. Ha. Most other GM cars don't have power fuel doors anyway.
Bought the locking gas cap also. Tried to see if the plastic tether would work with the new cap-no luck. Now if I can remember which direction to insert the key and which way to turn it I'll be set!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rktek's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rktek reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #17
liquidslap
liquidslap is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

yeah I pulled up to the pump with my fuel door on the wrong side AND I didn't know how to get the door open.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to liquidslap's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help liquidslap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
liquidslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #18
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeguybd View Post
In New Jersey, we don't pump our own gas (its a state law), so I never had to worry about opening the gas door...
How often do you have to tell the attendant how to open the fuel door?

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #19
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgates2b View Post
...August will be a year I have the XR and I still find myself pulling up to the wrong side of the pump
Look at your fuel gauge... the gas pump icon has an arrow pointing to the side the fuel door is located on... this applies to ALL current Saturns.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Galileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #20
SaturnRaycer
SaturnRaycer is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunami View Post
i just got an aura on Saturday and I drove a lot that week so today(thursday) i went to get gas and after i parked the car next to the pump i couldn't find the button that opens the fuel door. I looked around for about ten minutes before I got out and looked at the exterior for it. when i couldn't find it i punched the fuel door in anger and it opened! i thought i broke it at first but then i realized you were supposed to push it. i wish the salesperson told me that before i bought it lol
Sounds like your sales rep didn't do a thorough delivery process with you (or you got impatient, and said yah, yah, yah).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnRaycer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnRaycer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnRaycer is offline   Reply With Quote