SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
skashani
skashani is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Sad need help engine swap time..

so im new to this forum but i know this may be a repeat and i have searched but i need a cleared understanding and a more up to date answer.
i purchased a 1997 saturn sc2 recently well i had no choice dad forced it upon me, either way all my oil burnt up real quick even with no leak eh first car you know how it is 1700 dollars was price we paid. now it needs a new timing kit i found cheap set on ebay for 55 + 8.95 for shipping new of course but labors expensive. i dont want to waist al lthat much i want to go fast, i'd like to find a new engine which a mechanic shop shouldn't have much trouble sticking into my car. it is automatic now but id like to make it stick as well.
any advice would help tell me engine sizes and types so i can start looking and if possible what cars they usually come off of.

that would be great thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skashani's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skashani reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skashani is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Ryan from Ohio is on a distinguished road

Default Re: need help engine swap time..

If all you need is a timing chain do it yourself.

I have a motor and transmission currently being put in. Its not easy and will cost you far more than fixing the root cause problem.

Better yet, fix it yourself. Cost you $65 and time. And yes, I bought the $55 kit also from the Import Experts. I have no issue with its quality, seems good!

As far as engine goes your choices are DOHC of SOHC, thats it. Transmissions s the auto or the 5 speed manual. Putting a manual in can be done, but its more work. When your paying a mechanic $65 and hour, this will get more expensive than the cost of the car!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ryan from Ohio's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ryan from Ohio reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ryan from Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote