SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
phoonerorlater
phoonerorlater is on a distinguished road

Default Turbo redline...

Anyone done it? I looked around a little and couldn't find anything. I mean it's a honda motor so I'm sure it could handle 8psi or so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phoonerorlater's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phoonerorlater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phoonerorlater is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Turbo redline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonerorlater View Post
Anyone done it? I looked around a little and couldn't find anything. I mean it's a honda motor so I'm sure it could handle 8psi or so.
the 2.2L ecotecs can handle 10psi for a fact (i'm doing it). you need to find out the points of failure in your engine... the 2.2's rods go at 240 w/ nitrous and ppl have pushed it to 280 w/ boost. that'd be well around the 16-18psi range i'd guess.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
phoonerorlater

Yeah, the ecotech motor is a GM motor, the v6 vue motors are Honda. I don't own one, I'm a dealer for Saturn. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet. AWD turbo v-6 is sweet! Reminds me of my old typhoon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help phoonerorlater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nicePortugalFocus is just really nice

2005 VUE 2.2L

I don't know if the Honda motor is capable high psi, if any, but the 2.2L is certainly capable. Plus after you tune it there's things like tuning and taking it to a dyno. Realistically Turbo-ing the 2.2L is the only way to go. They 2.2L is readily available as it in almost anything small GM, where-as the Honda isn't. The closest chance any of us have to turbo'ed VUEs are an Ion kit or a Cobalt kit. Plus we still have to find an Intercooler that fits behind our bumpers or a smaller side mount intercooler to mount behind a fog lamp. Just my $.02.

Anyone who does it, good luck.

Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortugalFocus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortugalFocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
bassplayrr
bassplayrr is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
AWD turbo v-6 is sweet! Reminds me of my old typhoon.
An all aluminum motor, and most importantly, an "open deck", which the honda V-6 motor has, is not ideal for boost. The motor in your Typhoon (and the motors in my GN and T-Type) were cast iron and were semi-closed decks, which is why they lent themselves so nicely to high psi numbers. I'd guess you could probably get 4-7psi out of these Honda motors, but I'd be more concerned what the increased torque numbers would do to our already questionable transmissions. :/ I also know that there is no programmable ECU for the Saturn version of our motors and I don't know of any "piggy-backs" either, so tuning would be the major issue.

-Chris

www.aolights.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bassplayrr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bassplayrr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bassplayrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
phoonerorlater

Thanks for the response BASS. I asked about a v6 honda motor and everyone starts talking about boosting the 2.2... If I was curious about that I'd of asked.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
TITO
TITO is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2006 VUE 3.5L

The problem isn't the engine not handling it. The drivetrain won't handle much more power. The RDM is weak, the axles snap, and the torque steer gets very dangerous.

My best mod is mixing together vanillaroma and new car scent air freshners.

Now that's pimp.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TITO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TITO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #8
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
I'm sure the motor can handle it just fine. You'll blow apart the rest of the drivetrain tho.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #9
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

I've seen a couple J-series motors boosted around the internet... I wouldn't worry too much about the motor. 10psi would probably be safe.

Twin turbo would be the easiest to do on this motor, as a small turbo (with an adapter plate) can bolt directly to the cylinder head. (3-1 collector is built into our cylinder heads)

One of the only (safe) ways to tune the fuel would be through an Apexi VAFC, as nobody has found a way (or a company) to tune our ECU's yet. (Something like hondata would be nice)

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote