SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Attention New Car Preview 2007

The subject Preview supplement is contained in Canwest papers in Canada today.The following is part of an e-mail that I sent.....

" I am contacting you with regard to the supplement in today's National Post and the prices quoted for the Nissan Altima 3.5 SE and the Saturn Aura XR in the first two articles.
In the case of the Altima 3.5SE,you show a price of $31,398,which is the base price plus the the optional CVT.You show the Aura XR price as $34,425 when in fact,the correct base price of the Aura with the standard auto is $31,080. This leaves the clear impression to the reader that the Altima is $3,345 cheaper than the Aura when in fact,the Aura XR is $318 cheaper than the Altima 3.5 SE with CVT.

It would appear that you have included options in the XR price that were not included in the Altima price and if so,that fact should have been spelled out for a fair comparison. In any case,I would appreciate an explanation of where the Aura XR price of $34,425 came from. "

Canadian members might want to check their local papers and see what I'm talking about or feel free to use the above info and make a complaint. The address is drivingsupport@canwest.com

For US members,those figures are in Cdn dollars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Car Preview,2007

Ugh, annoying.......

I think anyone reading the article should clue in that an American model never costs more than a Japanese model when similarly equipped. The unwritten rule of cars in North America.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: New Car Preview 2007

Good catch, and it doesn't seem like that there is any extra features on the Altima that would warrant adding to the Aura.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote