SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
Agent017
Agent017 is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn Vue Green Line: hybrid for tightwads

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in but I thought here would be a good place to start.

I just found this article about the VUE Green Line at CNN/Money:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/17/Auto...line/index.htm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Agent017's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Agent017 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Agent017 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #2
whereismyvue
whereismyvue is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn Vue Green Line: hybrid for tightwads

Good article. I hope this sells well so GM makes more hybrids. I'm also getting really tired of all the snobby Prius drivers out here in the Bay Area!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to whereismyvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help whereismyvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
whereismyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
TPFilm
TPFilm is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

I'm looking forward to the Green Line. Thinking about trading in '05 VUE FWD one.

Think about it:

Gas mileage almost as good as the Escape Hybrid but, the AC stays on! In SE NC you need AC in the summer... Especially when sitting in traffic. I look over at the Prius drivers sweating at the red lights. I want to save gas and money.... But I don't want to die of heat stroke, either!

Smaller battery les weight. Battery doesn't drive wheels so fewer mechanical/electrical problems. Horsepower of a V6 with a 4 cyl!

One complaint I have read is that the VUE Green Line will not be AWD ike the Escape. I didn't think enviromentalists went off road. Oh, right. They use their Jeep Wranglers for that!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TPFilm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TPFilm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TPFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
pisulino
pisulino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFilm
I'm looking forward to the Green Line. Thinking about trading in '05 VUE FWD one.

Think about it:

Gas mileage almost as good as the Escape Hybrid but, the AC stays on! In SE NC you need AC in the summer... Especially when sitting in traffic. I look over at the Prius drivers sweating at the red lights. I want to save gas and money.... But I don't want to die of heat stroke, either!

Smaller battery les weight. Battery doesn't drive wheels so fewer mechanical/electrical problems. Horsepower of a V6 with a 4 cyl!

One complaint I have read is that the VUE Green Line will not be AWD ike the Escape. I didn't think enviromentalists went off road. Oh, right. They use their Jeep Wranglers for that!
My concerns:
Horsepower of a V6 with a 4 cyl?.....don't think so.
What about the polymer panels....... are they discontinuing them?
Will not have spare tire since the batteries will take the space.
First edition blues?

All the rest ok.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pisulino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pisulino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pisulino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
GearGuy
Advanced Member
GearGuy is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisulino
My concerns:
Horsepower of a V6 with a 4 cyl?.....don't think so.
What about the polymer panels....... are they discontinuing them?
Will not have spare tire since the batteries will take the space.
First edition blues?

All the rest ok.
Sounds like the polymer panels will be discontinued for the next generation Vue. I'm pretty sure the Green Line will be introduced with polymer panels.

The battery pack looks like it fits behind the rear seat and should leave enough room for the compact spare tire in its original location. See pic.

2006 Vue 3.5L FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GearGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GearGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GearGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy
Sounds like the polymer panels will be discontinued for the next generation Vue. I'm pretty sure the Green Line will be introduced with polymer panels.

The battery pack looks like it fits behind the rear seat and should leave enough room for the compact spare tire in its original location. See pic.
There's no spare in the green line vue. It has a compressor and a can of tire inflator (probably to cut weight - There did seem to be enough room for a spare). I saw it at the NAIAS in Detroit. If you search the past threads here, someone posted a picture showing the area under the floor in the back of the Green Line. It was probably back in January.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #7
GearGuy
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Wow, that's odd. I was looking for a picture but couldn't find one.

I have managed to get through 3 flats I have had by using a plug kit and cigarette lighter compressor, never taking taking the wheel of the vehicle. But it is nice knowing I've got a spare in case a tire shreds.

2006 Vue 3.5L FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help GearGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #8
ems1
ems1 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

The lack of a spare takes the hybrid Vue off my shopping list, also. I've had more than one occasion where a compressor and can of sealant would not do the job. Examples: hit curb with sharp edge - rip hole in tire, hit pothole, bend rim - lose all the air, shread tire following loss of air at speed. All of these things have happened to me. Granted, not frequently but I want some sort of spare I can bolt on and be on my way. What do you do when you lose a wheel at night and no stores are open, especially on a trip?

'06 3.5 FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ems1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ems1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ems1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
Alwaysthatway
Alwaysthatway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems1
What do you do when you lose a wheel at night and no stores are open, especially on a trip?
Personally, I would call AAA.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Alwaysthatway's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Alwaysthatway reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Alwaysthatway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #10
RicksVue
RicksVue is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by emg77
There's no spare in the green line vue. It has a compressor and a can of tire inflator (probably to cut weight - There did seem to be enough room for a spare). I saw it at the NAIAS in Detroit. If you search the past threads here, someone posted a picture showing the area under the floor in the back of the Green Line. It was probably back in January.
I asked about this at the DC auto show and was told that the Green Line did have a spare. The person I talked to wouldn't show it to me though

As others have said, if it's got a flat it's time to call AAA.

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RicksVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RicksVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RicksVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
GearGuy
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Or OnStar, right? They'll do the same thing?

2006 Vue 3.5L FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-16-2006, 07:05 PM   #12
pisulino
pisulino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy
Wow, that's odd. I was looking for a picture but couldn't find one.

I have managed to get through 3 flats I have had by using a plug kit and cigarette lighter compressor, never taking taking the wheel of the vehicle. But it is nice knowing I've got a spare in case a tire shreds.
Go to the other post.......
Thoughts on the upcoming Green Line Vue?

and look for my reply with all links, that will give you full information about the vehicle, and technology.

Regards,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pisulino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pisulino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pisulino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #13
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Here is the only picture I was able to find. It's from a yahoo album in a previous post. It doesn't really prove there is no spare, but if you are familiar with the spare area of the Vue, the battery would intrude slightly into the space needed for the spare. When I saw it, there was a lot of space in there where the spare would be and a compressor in the center of the where the spare would normally be. There was nothing in the jack compartment. I saw the Green Line at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

It seemed like the engineers could have done a better job of making the area useable as trunk space, but maybe the battery needs the open area for cooling purposes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99b1[2].jpg (23.3 KB, 20 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #14
GearGuy
Advanced Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Found THIS picture. Tito and his sound system install.
With the fan and extra box attached to the battery case as shown, it looks like it wouldn't fit. Re-position those two items and it looks like the spare would just make it....

2006 Vue 3.5L FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!