SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #1
Whatnow
Whatnow is on a distinguished road

Default Extended warranty.

Hi all. Just wanted to know if I should get the extended warranty with the Ion RL or just stick with the 3/36.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Whatnow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Whatnow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Whatnow is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
Exalt
Exalt is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Extended warranty.

IMHO, you should get it. I bought a 02 alero and the ext warranty to go with it and it has paid for its self. But if you are leasing I would not get it. also if you get the ext warranty now it will be cheaper than waiting to get one when your factory warranty is up.

2005 ION-2 Sedan...
2002 Olds Alero 3.4 V6...
"Everybody Wang-Chung Tonight!"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Exalt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Exalt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Exalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #3
cervvi
cervvi is on a distinguished road

2005 ION Red Line

My dealer threw in the 5/60 warranty. Pretty cool guy. Saturn of southgate(MI). His name is Mike. not sure if it was a promotion or whatnot, didnt even have to ask. Not sure if the GM emp disct was worth it or not tho, oh well. I gots a car.
It does sound like a pretty good thing tho, 5 years is a long while to have a car and hope nothing goes wrong. bumper to bumper too

Black '05 Redline. Enough said.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cervvi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cervvi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cervvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2
Information Re: Extended warranty.

I just got an RL and took the warranty out to 5 years/60,000 miles, but here's the real deal: If your dealer gives you oil changes as part of the "car care" program, you'll make out like a bandit by getting that, too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver
I just got an RL and took the warranty out to 5 years/60,000 miles, but here's the real deal: If your dealer gives you oil changes as part of the "car care" program, you'll make out like a bandit by getting that, too.
It would be. Considering the facts that it uses Mobil 1, and the filter is a PITA to get to.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
phool
phool is on a distinguished road

I haven't found a shop yet that will change the oil besides the dealership. They look at it and go "We're supposed to get that out how?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phool's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phool reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #7
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

Get it. When we bought our 2001 SC2, I extended the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty to 7/100. An upper motor mount and a couple of tie rods later, the warranty has paid for itself. The car is now four years old and has 27k left on the warranty - well worth the extra $$$.

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
cmlindauer
cmlindauer is on a distinguished road

I would!!! See my air pressure post. This is just one of my problems. I have an 04 with 25000 miles on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cmlindauer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cmlindauer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cmlindauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #9
mytdawg
mytdawg is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Consider if you are going to want to modify it or not. I kept it at 3/36 because I figure if anything breaks after that, I'll probably go aftermarket anyway (obviously stock wasn't heavy-duty enough if it breaks). Just a thought.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mytdawg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mytdawg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mytdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
2004NJVue
Advanced Member
2004NJVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
1996 SL2

I have yet to purchase an extended waranty on any car...granted Saturn tossed it in as part of the deal on my Vue, but I find that they are a waste of money. The only vehicle that it would have been worth while was my blazer...two rebuilt engines by the time it had 60k on it (two years)...multiple trani issues and much more. Since I have purchased saturns, no issues. 300k+ on a 96 SL2 and nothing major at all...just normal stuff. (knock on wood) I put almost 70k on my 2003 Ion3 and used the waranty claim once (around 1500 miles or so) then all was perfect. And so far so good with my Vue (Knock on wood)

Current: 2004 Saturn Vue V6 Awd (purchased new November 04) >130,000 Miles
1996 Saturn SL2 - 300,000 miles
Past Saturns: Ask me
Only live once, enjoy it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2004NJVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2004NJVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2004NJVue is offline   Reply With Quote