SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Kev
Kev is on a distinguished road

Question Rear Door Power Window Switches

Hi Out There,

I have 2004 VUE. Has anyone else noticed in the manual that it relates to the rear door window switches. On page 2-13 is states:
" A rear window switch is located on each rear door. Press the bottom haff of the switch to open the window and the top half to close it".

Does any one have these switches, or are they only on vehicles with the 3.5Ltr. engine?

What a pain in the arse that the rear passengers have to ask the driver to open and close their windows, like they were children. What was Saturn thinking....or not thinking in this case.

Or am I missing something here?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kev's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kev reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2004, 10:29 PM   #2
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

The switches are located on the door, next to the door lock. They're in the same location that the power lock switches are in the front doors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:44 PM   #3
Kev

Thanks DC. I see the rear switch has a differant label (window and arrow Up/down) than the front switch (key). My rear window switches have never, and still do not work. I was reading the manual today (nothing better to do), and noticed this paragraph.
Another item for the warranty list.

Thanks a million DC.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kev's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kev reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:45 PM   #4
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

Make sure that they're turned on!
There's a little switch next to the front window switches that locks out the rear window switches. Kinda handy when you don;t want the kidlets opening the windows back there. Make sure it's switched to unlock and you should be set.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:12 AM   #5
Kev

Thanks DC. I feel like a total twit. Everything works fine. How could I have missed this?? I'll put it down to being a Brit :-)

Kev

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kev's Reputation
Old 09-06-2004, 12:25 AM   #6
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Ahem, I hate to ask the obvious question...
have you read your owner's manual?
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 11:43 AM   #7
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally posted by OhioVueBoy
Ahem, I hate to ask the obvious question...
have you read your owner's manual?
~D.J.~
Apparently...
"I was reading the manual today (nothing better to do), and noticed this paragraph."

But maybe not very closely, or not the whole thing, where it talks about the rear control lockout switch up front. It's funny how some things that some of us automatically know how to use are a mystery to others. Example -- the sunroof controls. My g/f is a spaz with that thing and can never get it to just tilt up, she only can figure out how to open it all the way. I somehow knew exactly how it worked the first time I touched it, without ever looking in the manual.

Oh well, point is, we helped out a fellow Vue lover/driver, and now Kev can more thoroughly enjoy the Vue. That's all that matters!

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:02 PM   #8
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Oh goodness I totally missed that.. sorry about that Kev. Dante, I know what you mean - I think a lot of this stuff (the sunroof switch) is intuitive. Mercedes has used that design for years.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #9
DFW_VUE
DFW_VUE is on a distinguished road

My wife never read hers on her car before we were married..I would be driving it and do something...And she would be like....HOW DID YOU DO THAT?? Im like uhhhhh I did this....She would be like I DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD DO THAT...

She still has yet to read her manual on her VUE...That is what I am for I guess.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DFW_VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DFW_VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

What's intuitive to us is a mystery to others. Not to imply that Kev has no mechanical reasoning skills, but I know my g/f has none, and that's what I tell her when she can't figure out the sunroof switch. I know she couldn't twist a nut without thinking about it and singing the little song, so I try not to rag on her too hard, but it is fun.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #11
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

i like to read the owner's manual. but say if you had a 95 s series and you got a 01 s series you probably wouldn't need to so bad...

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:13 PM   #12
KoolVue
Advanced Member
KoolVue is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2002 VUE 3.0L

Saturn PW switches have always confused non saturn-savy people.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KoolVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KoolVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:41 PM   #13
vue-vtec
Advanced Member
vue-vtec is on a distinguished road

Happy

Stuff For Smart Masses

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vue-vtec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vue-vtec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread