SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #1
Isophorone
Isophorone is on a distinguished road

Default Rear washer - no spray

Hi all,

We have a 1999 SW2 with 48,000 miles on it. A few months ago, I noticed that the rear wiper works, but no fluid comes out of the washer nozzle. The spray motor sounds like it is trying to spray when I turn the knob. I tried using some wire to unblock it with no success. Any ideas? Now that it's winter the rear window is really dirty!

Also, How do you change the rear wiper blade (or even lift it up to clean off at a gas station)? Hte assembly does not lift up like the front ones do.

Thanks for any help you can give.

RJ

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Isophorone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Isophorone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
SLVR_Saturn
SLVR_Saturn is on a distinguished road

does the car sit outside? The line might be frozen.

not too long ago I had the same problem with my front sprayers :o: I was able to bring it in over night into a heated garage and tried it again the next morning and worked fine and has since that time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLVR_Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLVR_Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
Craig
Advanced Member
Craig is on a distinguished road

At least your rear wiper works...the one on my '95 SW2 quit five or six years ago. But I'm getting a '94 SW2 parts car, so I'm hoping the wiper works on that one so I can swap it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Craig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Craig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:08 AM   #4
Isophorone
Isophorone is on a distinguished road

The car generally sits in a garage. Also, the problem started before the weather turned cold. The wiper itself works, it's just the washer fluid that doesn't come out. The front wipers and washer work fine.

Also, if you know how to lift up the rear wiper the way you lift the front ones, please let me know.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Isophorone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Isophorone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #5
SLVR_Saturn
SLVR_Saturn is on a distinguished road

It may be that there just wasn't enough washer fluid to in the line so it froze up. As far as I can remember from the manual that rear wiper doesn't lift nearly as far as the front ones do.
(I'm doing this off of memory so I could be wrong, my car doesn't have a rear wiper, but, like I said I think I remember something in the manual about that....)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLVR_Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLVR_Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:53 PM   #6
eljefino
Master Member
eljefino will become famous soon enough

1995 SW1
2000 SL1

When mine broke it was a plastic adaptor between the rubber hose and wiper shaft, inside the tailgate. Symptoms included blue stuff dribbling on the bumper. Fixing it looks like a pain so I turn on the wiper then run back there with a coffee cup full of water...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eljefino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eljefino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-04-2004, 10:17 AM   #7
Ernie's 00SWP
Ernie's 00SWP will become famous soon enough

2000 SWP

You may just need to blow the line out... My SWP's did the same thing. Took it to Saturn Dealer and they found a spider had made her home in it causing it to clog up...

Ernie's 00SWP

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ernie's 00SWP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ernie's 00SWP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-04-2004, 06:38 PM   #8
dieseljack
Advanced Member
dieseljack is on a distinguished road

If it's broken, there's an inexpensive repair kit available from the dealer. It beats throwing $270.00 + for a motor assembly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dieseljack's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dieseljack reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread