SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Lawrencevue
Lawrencevue is on a distinguished road

Default Engine Removal Question

I gather the engine can come out from beneath no problem. Question is: can the Honda v6 engine in a 2007 Vue RL be removed from up top? Can anyone confirm this please?

2007 Saturn Vue Red Line - Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lawrencevue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lawrencevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lawrencevue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Engine Removal Question

...No. Much easier to drop cradle , as long as all cradle bolts come loose, driveshaft if awd, exhaust, etc, once cradle is dropped with motor/trans ,everything is accessable. Also , when you do have it dropped , now would be a good time to loosen /remove all bolts that you can and antiseize them . Just good ins. for future replacement of wear items. Be prepared to look closely at trans line /fittings for rot, replace radiator hoses , motor mounts if needed, like I said everything is accessable then. Hope that helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:57 PM   #3
Lawrencevue

Thanks for the reply.
I'm doing this job at home and don't have a way to lift up the vehicle high enough to slide the engine in and out.
Are you saying that removal from up top is a definite no?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Lawrencevue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

...I bought a set of 10 ton jack stands to keep the body planted, and raise high enough, you are going to have to raise in stages, regular jackstands then to taller ones, you're going to need a pair of jacks , full size, one for either side of vue, to raise it high enough ,once everything is unbolted. Before you begin raising vehicle , take both wheels off to lower body and cradle onto a platform , hd furniture dollies or metal platform with wheels strong enough for the weight . You are basically putting the front vehicle weight on it . Then start raising the body with jacks on either side, after unbolting subframe ,unbolt struts at towers also. Tie up calipers onto body. Use bungees to hold radiator and other various parts up into body. then keep raising body til cradle clears body to pull out. I also bungeed the struts towards the center of vehicle at a angle which helps clear. I sent you some pics, it's not that bad really. But keep track of all parts and take pictures ,Like I said replace all wear items that you can get to now, loosen bolts ,antiseize everything, check motor mounts for wear, take your time. Hope that helps.DC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #5
Lawrencevue

So I did complete the engine replacement. I did manage to get it out fron up top. I had to remove pretty much everything (alt, ac, cats, etc). It wa a tight fit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!